Chapter 83 | Jealousy

Mia Black shook her head, feeling as if water was in her ears like she hadn't heard Orion properly. Whatever she had been expecting, it hadn't been this and now the resigned dread had turned into pure and utter adulterated fear that was coursing through every part of her body.

I will kill your precious boyfriend......I will kill your precious boyfriend....Orion's words swam around in her head, slipping into all of the cracks of her brain and overflowing every single coherent thought that had been there before her fiancée had uttered those dreaded words.

Euphemia didn't know what to think, she didn't know what to say or do - she was completely lost and her grey-blue eyes found Orion's helplessly, her mouth parting slightly.

Orion let out a miniature cackle, enjoying the entire situation far too much than he should've been, "Has it sunk in yet, Euphemia? Because you may think that it's an empty threat but—" he was cut off as Mia let out a panicky laugh, "It is an empty threat. I know you can be cruel, Orion Black, I've seen you in action but...not this. You could and would never murder anyone, you don't have the guts," she stared at him.

Orion let out a sigh, patting her on the shoulder heavily, his hand weighing down on her until Euphemia finally shrugged him off in disgust, still emotionally scarred from the time that he forced himself upon her. "That's where you're wrong, dear fiancée. I am perfectly capable of a little bit of murder...that's why I'm so popular."

As Orion smirked at her, Mia shook her head in disbelief - she knew Orion was evil but there was no way he could've actually killed someone, surely? And where had he gotten the impression that taking other people's lives made him more popular than he already was? "What on earth are you talking about? Killing people doesn't make them like you, idiot, it just makes them...dead," she told him in a matter of fact manner.

Orion stared at her as if she was a little thick in the head, "Well, killing people doesn't make them alive, does it?" he said sarcastically, causing Euphemia to roll her eyes before she appeared rather frightened again, realising that her cousin was still implying that he was capable of killing someone...meaning Charlus' life really was in danger. Oh, crap.

"I still don't believe that you're capable of murdering someone, Orion. When you were younger, you wouldn't even tug leaves off the bushes because 'leaves have feelings too, guys!' Are you seriously trying to tell me that the fool who wouldn't hurt a plant could willingly take the life of another human being?" Mia challenged him, still in complete denial that Orion was a murderer.

Orion blanched, "We don't mention the leaf incident, Euphemia."
"Why? Is it a sore subject?" she teased him before subduing when she saw the deadly look in his eyes, her fear pulsing through her again like an adrenaline rush. "I was a boy then. Now, I am a man and I am capable of things that your pretty little head couldn't even fathom."

"If you say so," Mia said in an undertone, only changing her attitude when he snapped at her to be quiet, prompting her into gesturing for him to continue with his monologue that was really showing his dramatic side. "Do you remember the Hogsmeade Attack last year, Euphemia?" Orion asked coldly, sending a literal chill through Mia's body with those last four words before her name in his question.

Euphemia nodded slightly - how on earth could she forget the fateful attack that had caused the deaths of two Hogwarts students, one of them being Mary Crawley whom she had considered a friend? How could she completely disregard the very attack that had caused all of the drama between her and her friends in fourth year, no thanks to Orion's own wrongdoing when he accused her of spying?

Memories of those lonely months without her friends and Charlus washed over Mia and she took a huge breath...it had been horrible when she hadn't had her friends by her side because of them believing Orion's claims and then hating her for cursing Charlus, even though she had been Imperiused. Just the mere thought of not having her friends by her side anymore terrified Euphemia and she knew that she couldn't let Orion kill Charlus.