Chapter 34 | The Kiss In The Ward

"Where have you been?" Minerva exploded as Charlus popped into place in the busy, chaotic waiting room of St Mungo's. Minnie had been pacing up and down the the hallway near the entrance, biting her nails agitatedly as Eugenia tried to calm her down from where the blonde was seated in her chair, next to Alastor who was talking in low tones to Florean and Filius.

Lyall looked worried and concerned and was trying to stop Pomona from going to the Blacks and teaching them a lesson as the feisty Hufflepuff was infuriated that this had happened to poor Mia. It seemed that Charlus had been the last one to arrive at the hospital and Minnie was not very impressed with him.

"Oi, oi!" Charlus held up his hands in surrender as he braced himself for a slap on the arm but it never came, Minerva ceased her anger when she saw that Mrs Potter had arrived and that Charlus' sisters were there as well.

"I had to bring the entire gang, man!" he exclaimed and she rolled her eyes at him before fixing a polite smile on her face and extending her palm to Mrs Potter. "Nice to meet you, Mrs Potter, will you be staying?" Minerva asked as Charlus' mother shook her hand.

"Seeing as there's no one here to chaperone you, I think I better," Mrs Potter decided with a warm smile, "Though you have been doing a brilliant job at looking after them, Miss...?" she looked hesitantly at Minnie in search for her name and Minerva quickly supplied it with a beam, happy that she had been complimented by the woman.

"Mum, do you have to stay? You're cramping my style!" Charlus whined and Alastor smirked as he leaned back in his chair whilst Florean and Lyall exchanged looks of amusement.

Eugenia was busy talking in hushed whispers to Rochelle, complimenting the eleven year old on her gorgeous blonde hair which made the younger one blush as Eugenia was certainly beautiful herself which made it even more flattering.

Olivia was currently prancing around the waiting room like a model, having picked up a magazine that had a few modelling witches posing in it so the five year old decided to strut about, tossing her abundant blonde curls sassily.

This was making a few of the older ladies sat around chuckle into their wrinkly hands but Olivia was simply entertaining herself whilst she waited for her mother to take her home after she'd finished dealing with her brother's countless issues.

"I'll go and sit over there with the girls," Mrs Potter told Charlus, placing a kiss on his forehead which made him blush and shove her away with a groan as Filius chuckled at him. The woman then told her son to at least go and check what room Mia was in and Charlus did so, Eugenia accompanying him along the way.

"So, how have your holidays been so far, Charlus?" Eugenia asked sweetly as the two made their way through the crowds of patients and people with ailments of all sorts.

There was a man holding onto his daughter by the ankle, her head seemed to have turned into some sort of balloon and she was naturally floating towards the ceiling hence why he had to keep hold of her. A woman with warts and boils all over her entire body was hopping angrily in place as the boils on her feet burst and leaked a nasty looking acid onto the floor.

"Uh, fine, yeah," Charlus said distractedly, looking around for a receptionist of some sort but he couldn't see past the swarms of people that were shouting and moving at alarming rates. "The desk is over there," Eugenia pointed out to him and she then went on to explain that her father worked here as a Healer which was how she knew where everything was.

She was acting very strange around him, all flirty and girly and giggling at the slightest things he said even if it was a question or a complaint about how long the queue for the reception desk was but Charlus ignored her, he was too worried and concerned about Euphemia to pay attention to Eugenia.