Chapter 48 | I Knew It All Along

And then Mia woke up and found out that it had all been a terrible nightmare....

Hah, of course that's not what actually happens in this chapter. D'you think I'd actually make it that easy?

Hope you all enjoy this chapter (if that's actually possible mwahahah)

Euphemia curled into herself for the fourth time that week, bringing her knees to her chest and burying her head there as she cried quietly in the darkness and solace of the library, the cool air drafting in through the open window and causing goosebumps to raise on her arms.

She tried to hold back the tears but they continued to drip down her face, making her wipe them away in irritation as she attempted to control and compose herself. Pull yourself together, Mia. You can fix this.

But the thing was, she couldn't fix it. It was all over. It was all ruined and it had been ripped to shreds in front of her very own eyes whilst she stood there, letting it happen helplessly all because she was terrified of Orion Black.

Once Charlus and Minerva had turned their backs on Euphemia, they hadn't looked back and Mia had spent the rest of her day trying to explain to everyone that she hadn't been apart of the attack on Hogsmeade whatsoever.

Not that they had listened to her, she was alone again and had spent the week after the Hogsmeade attack just wallowing in her own misery.  Speaking of Hogsmeade....

Honeydukes had completely burnt down to the ground without a hope of surviving and Zonko's plus many other shops near to it had been flattened and were no longer existent though Euphemia knew that the shop owners were busy at work reinstating their stores.

It wasn't the reconstruction of the buildings that was the problem, as that could be easily fixed with magic - it was the reinstating of goods and products that was the main issue for the villagers.

Many of the students had been injured and the matron in the hospital wing at Hogwarts had never seen her infirmary so busy, it was practically filled full of students that had either been harmed by the fire or had sustained injuries from the attack.

But they all had to count themselves lucky that they weren't an Amanda or a Mary. Now that was the depressing and heartbreaking side of the attack....

Headmaster Dippet had called everyone into the Great Hall after every single student had been accounted for and once everyone's safety had been guaranteed and confirmed.

He had said a few words about how brilliant Amanda had been and how lovely Mary had been - the wonderful assets to the school that had now been lost due to violence.

It was the usual words, the usual speech to the students about celebrating their lives and not forgetting them but also making sure that something like this never happened again.

Mia hadn't actually been paying much attention to the Headmaster's speech....she had been too upset about Mary and she had also been avoiding the betrayed looks and dark glances from her friends across the Great Hall.

Charlus had obviously shared the news with the gang that Euphemia was supposedly a spy and had been spying on them all the entire time and now everyone hated her, they avoided her in the halls and they didn't speak to her whatsoever. Not to even hear her out - they didn't want to hear her side of the story, they just accepted Charlus and Minnie's.

"Professor, please may I swap seats?" Minerva asked in Transfiguration, the day after the attack, raising her hand and attracting the class' attention whilst Mia hunched into herself, bowing her head.