Chapter 69 | Finally

Mia couldn't help it. She broke. Irrevocably.

Every boundary, every wall that she had ever built up around her to protect herself had crumbled to dust and were now nonexistent as she curled into a ball on the floor, wrapping her shaking arms around her legs, burying her head into her knees.

Euphemia had never been one for bottling up her emotions, usually preferring to release all of her feelings in the form of an angry whirlwind or emotional breakdown but the extent of her crying fit at that moment was the most extreme her outward feelings had ever been expressed.

She could still feel the aura of Orion's hands on her skin, crawling to places where they weren't wanted and she shivered involuntarily at the mere thought of his slobbering mouth commandeering hers as she screamed out in distress.

Shaking uncontrollably, Mia managed to wipe her eyes that were continually offloading tears onto her face so that she could look around at her unfamiliar surroundings. Having rushed through the door with such alarming speed a few minutes prior, Euphemia hadn't taken time to admire the room that she was in.

Where was she, exactly? Euphemia didn't remember ever seeing a room such as this one in all of her years at Hogwarts and she had explored a lot of the castle, whether to find prospective places to hide from family members or discover secret passageways with her friends.

The small room that she was in was rather cosy and secluded with comfy sofas dotted around the area with fluffy rugs littering the wooden floor. If Mia wasn't emotionally unstable at that moment, she would've happily slid across the rugs in her socks.

There were some treats placed out on a small coffee table that was situated in front of a massive, comfy red armchair, not unlike the one in the Gryffindor common room that Minnie had described to her. It looked like she could just sink into it softly without a care in the world.

Mia hurled herself at it with all of her minimal energy, feeling the hot and furious tears pour down her cheeks as the sorrow rushed through her bloodstream, making her feel weak whilst her breathing became laboured and gasping, her chest heaving.

The sobs racked through her body so violently that she physically shook with misery and it smothered the poor girl from head to toe, filling and covering every essence and crevice of her body.

Finding it hard to breathe, Euphemia threw herself on the comfy armchair, curling up on the seat and burying her head on top of the cushion that laid there, feeling it gradually get more damp as her tears transferred from her face onto the soft satin that coated the cushion.

Shuddering and feeling rather sick, Euphemia reflected on how much she detested everything that she had grown up with even more so than she normally did - how could the Black Family act like that? Mia knew they were awful but she didn't think they would stoop that low.

They were supposed to be her family, her flesh and blood - they were meant to let her love whoever she wanted, not force some slimy pure blood boy onto her, a boy that happened to be her cousin and also a cruel and disgusting human being that couldn't take 'no' for an answer.

Mia had known what she was getting herself into when Cassiopeia had told her that she was getting married to Orion (not like she had actually had a choice) but, no matter how much she had protested and tried to avoid him, she had ended up being in his grasp. Literally.