two, party at the canyon

aisha sat with miguel and demetri on the park bench, scrolling through her phone, while y/n sat on the grass and watched hawk and bert spar.

hawk kicks bert in the face and knocks him down before walking over towards the others.

y/n winced, standing up and walking over to look down at bert, "you'll get him next time." she said before walking over to the bench.

"no dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that."

"depends what part of the country you're in." demetri shrugs, causing y/n to stifle a laugh behind him. "i just don't want what happened to sensei to happen to me." miguel sighs.

"alright, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance." y/n rolls her eyes at hawk's words, throwing her head down onto demetri's shoulder.

"don't listen to eli."

"it's hawk." hawk says to demetri. "yeah, whatever." demetri mumbled back.

y/n looks up and at miguel, "the fact is: sam's given you no reason not to trust her." miguel shrugs, agreeing with her.

"oh! that little bitch." aisha suddenly speaks up, "what?" y/n asks. "you know that video i posted if me breaking that board?" they all nod, "look what yasmin commented."

all of them lean down to look at the phone, hawk looking at y/n and pushing her shoulder so she's not as close to him.

she glares at him, kicking the back of his leg
causing it to fall under him. he grabs the bench for support before he can fall.

"oh, shit." miguel mumbles. "i gotta do something." aisha adds.

"alright, how about we kidnap her and have my boy rico tattoo "bitch" on her face?" hawk smirks, y/n looks at him and flicks him on the forehead. he grabs her finger before she can retreat it back and holds it tightly, causing her to gasp at the pain. he lets go, chuckling at her.

"calm down, hawk." demetri says sarcastically. "alright, i hear how you're saying it, and i don't like it." hawk replies.

"wait, wait, wait. i've got a better idea. look." aisha shows her phone, yasmine's insta story on it. "yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the canyon later?" miguel questions.

y/n looks at aisha knowingly, "not if we strike first." she speaks, earning a nod from aisha. "hell yeah." hawk grins.

time skip

"sup? oh, did you catch the game last night? see puig with the walk off?" y/n stood next to hawk, placing the snacks on the counter as he placed down the cases of beer.

she looks down at her nails, ignoring most of the conversation. an arm being thrown over her shoulder gets her attention. hawk pulls her into him, "that's our freaking kid right there." he speaks, pointing at bert with his other hand.

"yeah, i still need to see it. it's required by law." the cashier sighs. "oh, yeah for sure. just upholding the law." he pulls out his fake id and hands it to the guy. the cashier stares at it for a bit, "whatever."

while the cashier is busy getting bags y/n roughly shrugs hawk's arm away from her, he glares down at her before turning around to face the others. he sticks out his tongue and does a rock n roll hand gesture at them. y/n takes advantage of the situation, looking over the counter. "uhm, how bout eight bottles of that vodka right there." she says.

time skip

everyone seemed to be having fun, except miguel who kept looking at his phone.

it had gotten dark, most of the teens were either drunk or tipsy. y/n was one of them. she stumbled a bit, giggling as she made her way over to demetri.

"y/n, maybe you should stop drinking." he laughed, "no." she giggled once more.

"oh, they're all out of mr.pibbs. i got the last one." demetri stated when he spotted miguel opening the cooler. "it's so noisy." y/n complained, laughing for no good reason.

"hey, moon! come here!" demetri and y/n turned their heads, seeing moon and hawk making out on a log next to the fire.

"ew, i think i'm gonna be sick." the girl gags, running away from the crowd and behind a rock. she throws up the contents in her stomach, coughing after she's done.

wiping her mouth with the back of her hand she throws her cup out in one of the black trash bags.

she sits down on one of the logs, trying to regain herself. "hey! hey you!" the guy she had called out to turned around, looking down at her.

"hand me a water bottle, please." he smiled at her, nodding and opening up the cooler to get her what she asked for. "thanks, river."

he sits down next to her, causing her to look over at him weirdly as she gulps the water down. "are you okay?" he asks.

"i'm fine, just a little tipsy." y/n giggles, making him chuckle. "yeah, i can tell."

"sorry for crashing your friend's party. well, i'm not sorry, she's a bitch." y/n shrugged, looking over at yasmine who was scolding moon for making out with hawk.

river laughed, turning to look at the blonde for a few seconds, "yeah, she is." he sighs, looking down at his shoes, "i know it's kinda weird timing to ask you here but would you like to-"

before he could finish aisha's voice interrupted him. "y/n, come on we're leaving!" aisha shouted, her and demetri holding up a drunk miguel.

she stood up, turning to look down at the boy. "i gotta go, see you at school. thanks for the water bottle." she smiled down at the brown haired teenage boy.

"yeah, of course. see ya." he smiled, watching her walk off. she was completely oblivious to the fact that he had a huge crush on her and was about to ask her on a date.

author's note
i don't know how i feel about this chapter, i kinda don't like it:/.