twenty-one, the mission

"okay so, this is all we've got so far." tory states, sitting down next to y/n as they both look at the poster board in front of them. it's silent for a few seconds, "tory, that's literally nothing." y/n said, pointing at the paper with nothing but 'pros | cons' written on it.

"yeah, that's the problem. come on y/n, think of something. this might seriously help you sort your feels out." tory smiled, patting y/n on the shoulder and standing up ready to write down whatever she said.

"umm, okay. con, he's annoying, he's super loud for no reason, he's a dick, his hair is stupi—"

"damn, slow down, we need pros too or else this won't work." tory giggled while scribbling down the cons.

y/n thought for a second, her elbow resting on the arm rest of the couch, her chin in the plan of her hand. "w-well, i don't kn—"

"you do know, n/n. just think." tory interrupted once again. a smile suddenly spread across y/n's features as her gaze stayed on the floor beneath her feet. "what?" tory questioned, intrigued as to why she had began grinning.

"his laugh, it's cute—i guess." y/n replied, shaking herself out of her thoughts and removing the smile from her face. her response caused tory to beam, glad she was finally getting something out of her best friend. "okay, that's a good start, continue."

y/n breaths in deeply, "uh, his eyes are really nice? i don't know, tory."

"no, no, that's good. alright so we have two pros and four cons." tory shrugged as she looked at the board. "anything else?" she asked y/n.

"his confidence,"

"pro or con?"

"well, kinda both. he's so fucking cocky sometimes, but i mean his confidence just went up so much since he joined cobra kai. you didn't know him when he was eli, but it's a good thing it did." y/n rambled, "so, put it down as pro i guess."

tory nodded and got to writing. "he cares, like about his friends. about you and miguel." the girl on the couch says, playing with her fingernails.

tory turns around, "he cares about you too, n/n, he just doesn't show it. you don't show it either, but i know you guys care about one another." y/n shrugs, sighing and leaning back on the couch to look at the list.

"any other pros? how's his d-"

"tory shut up." y/n laughed, "believe it or not we didn't do anything last night. i mean, we kinda made out and then we yelled at each other and then i cried but that was all that happened."

"you cried?!" tory exclaimed in surprise. "yeah, yeah. just all the built up anger and i channeled it into crying instead of murdering hawk."

the girls laughed and tory's phone dinged, signaling she had received a text. "who is it? i take it by that big ass smile on your face, it's miguel?"

"yeah, he just likes to send these cheesy memes. kinda makes my day, not gonna lie." tory replies while she types back a response.

"anyways, why don't we go get something to eat? we've been at this since three and it's already six thirty." tory suggests, putting part of her plan into action.

"oh, okay. maybe we can go to—"

"wallflower diner?" tory interrupts rather loudly. "um, i was gonna say mcdonald's but i guess wallflower diner works." y/n giggled.

y/n scurried to her room and changed into a simple outfit. she put on some black sweats and a black, cropped tank top, she layered that with a brown and black flannel. she brushed her hair and fixed it up, and then proceeded to add a little mascara to her eyelashes.

on the way out of her room she decided to just slip on her white vans slip ons and she grabbed her bag on the way out the door. tory followed behind her, dressed in black jeans, a grey crop top with a black windbreaker on top, and her black vans, her own bag across her body. 

the two girls made small talk on the way to the diner, and by the time they arrived it was almost seven. meaning tory and miguel's plan would soon begin.

oh, yeah, the plan. tory sent it to miguel, here it is:
mission get y/n and hawk together
step 1– get y/n and hawk in the same room together—wallflower diner.
step 2– act like we ran into each other so that it doesn't look suspicious that all four of us are there
step 3– we order food, stay with them for a while
step 4– make it awkward, we act all lovey dovey and then excuse ourselves  and "leave"
step 5– we sit at a table close to them but not where they can see up, we order them a milkshake with two straws, cliche but it might work?
step 6– they talk and have a good time
FINAL STEP— they come to realization that they're in love— okay like each other maybe love is too strong of a word.

"oh my god, miguel? what are you guys doing here?" tory chuckles nervously. they had entered the diner and were looking for a booth when they spotted hawk and miguel seated at one in the far corner next to the big window.

"oh, we were just hungry so we came to get some food. sit with us!" miguel smiled awkwardly.

wow, best actors award goes to? not them that's for sure.

"come on," tory nudges y/n. y/n and hawk make very awkward eye contact for a split second. as y/n very slowly walks closer to the booth, tory pushes her in and gives her the spot right across from hawk.

the four of them sit in silence, could this get anymore cringey? with tory and miguel, yes.

the two of them start giggling and grabbing each other's hands as they wait for their orders. y/n looks around trying to avoid looking straight ahead, hawk seeming to do the same.

hawk clears his throat, "can you guys stop giggling it's making me uncomfortable." he speaks up.

"shut up, hawk. tory and i love each other." miguel states, emphasizing the word 'love'. "yeah, we care a lot about one another." tory adds.

hawk's eyebrows furrow in confusion and his eyes squint as he shrugs in an "okay?" manner.

"you guys are weird, but you're acting stranger than usual. did you take something?" y/n questions.

"what? no. you know what? miguel and i will just take our food to go. i'll see you later, y/n." tory states as she rushes to stand up, pulling miguel with her. they walk up to the register, hawk and y/n watching them.

y/n shakes her head at the two, "do they really think we're that fucking stupid?" she asks while finally diverting her gaze up to look at hawk.

"dude, i thought i was the only one who noticed! they're definitely not gonna be on the big screen anytime soon." he shook his head, causing y/n to chuckle which brought a smile to his face.

"what even was their plan?" hawk questions, "just leave us here together? like we can't get up and leave."

y/n shrugs, "i don't know, but i have an idea."

"oh, you have an idea? surprising."

"shut up." she rolls her eyes at the boy in front of her before explaining her own plan.

"this is gonna be embarrassing, but so worth it." she mumbled to herself before putting the plan into action.