thirty-two, dating or just hanging out?

a sigh leaves hawk's lips as he rubs his temples. he looks back at y/n who stands against the kitchen counter finishing her sandwich.

"looks like your problem is solved." y/n spoke, mouth full of bread.

"yeah, thinking about how much i hate you helped me fix it." hawk scoffed, adjusting himself on the couch as he flipped y/n's phone in his hands.

she laughed at his response, flipping him off. a knock caught their attention, and y/n stared at hawk. "what? it's your place, you get it."

she rolled her eyes, placing what was left of the sandwich down on her plate and walking over to the door. she opened it, revealing miguel.

"what's up guys?" the tan boy greeted as he stepped past the door and inside the apartment. he walked over to the couch, dapping hawk up before taking a seat next to him.

"yeah, okay come in."

"thanks." a voice sounded behind y/n as she was closing the door. tory had slipped inside as well, waving at hawk as she sat down on the smaller couch.

"what is this?" she questioned, pulling the stuffed avocado from behind her and holding it up.

y/n closed the door and scurried back to the kitchen area to finish her snack. "it's an avocado." hawk stated, uninterested as he scrolled down instagram on his own phone.

"no shit, really?" miguel cackled, grabbing the avocado from tory's hands. they mumbled a conversation to themselves while tossing around the plushie.

hawk placed his phone down on the arm of the couch next to y/n's as she began walking back to the living room.

she sat down next to hawk, their thighs touching slightly. hawk glanced at her through the corner of his eye, and he scooted a bit closer to her. 

"this is so strange." tory commented, turning her phone off. "what is?" hawk questioned.

"all four of us in one room, and you two aren't arguing. we should've locked you in that locker room a long time ago." miguel laughed.

the three other teens laughed along with him, "but really, how are things going?" tory asked, "you guys said you were gonna spend more time together to figure it out, have you? figured it out."

y/n shrugged, leaning back against the couch with her new plushie held against her chest. hawk stared blankly at his friends, also not knowing the response.

"i mean, we hung out again all day today." he stated.

"you mean you went on another date?" miguel smiled, "cause that's what they are, they're dates."

"no, they're not." y/n and hawk said in unison.

"can i ask where that avocado plushie came from?" tory questioned the two. hawk and y/n looked at each other, "we went to golf n stuff." y/n answered.

"and hawk used all the tickets to get you it, huh? sounds like a date. that's what people who go on dates do." miguel said matter-of-factly.

"no, no. we're just hanging out."

"yep, exactly."

"whatever you guys say." tory laughs. "it's not our business,"

hawk cuts tory off, "you guys sure act like it is." he snaps back, earning a glare from miguel and tory.

"it's not our business, we're just trying to help. we heard you guys talking in that locker room, you keep acting like you haven't figured out how you feel about each other but deep down you both know you figured it out a while ago."

y/n looks down at her hands, adjusting the bracelets on her wrist. "we don't wanna intrude anymore that we have, so we'll go and let you guys finish your date." miguel said, smirking at his last few words as he grabbed tory's hand and pulled her off the couch.

"it's not a date." hawk called out as they walked out the front door.

the couple's exit made the apartment go almost quiet, the music from y/n's playlist still playing through the speaker.

"i should go too, it's getting late." hawk says, standing up from the couch. he grabs his jacket and his motorcycle keys and walks to the front door.

y/n stands up and walks behind him, "okay."

"okay." hawk repeats, slipping his jean jacket on. he grabs the door knob and turns it, opening the door. "wait," y/n speaks, grabbing his upper arm and pulling him back.

hawk looks down at her waiting for her to speak, she stands slightly on her tippy toes and places a kiss on the boys cheek, "be careful. you drive too fast." she giggles.

he laughs, "thought you didn't care."

"i don't, now bye." she smiles, shoving him out the door.

"sweet dreams." she sarcastically calls after the boy who's now walking down the stairs, "they will be!" a smirk forms on his face and he stops on the step he's on, turning around to look at her. "they'll be about you."

"ew!" y/n laughs, hawk laughing along even though he's already at the bottom of the stairs and away from y/n.

tory and miguel stand outside of miguel's apartment, a wide smile on their faces at the sound of the two.

author's note
q: would you guys prefer i added the big school fight in the next few chapters, or if i added more of y/n and hawk's developing relationship first? :)