ten, "i want you"

y/n's chin rested of her hand as she looked at tory, her eyes squinted. over the past few days the two girls had grown pretty close, they had turned out to be very similar to one another.

they were currently seated at a booth in applebee's, which had become a regular hangout spot for the cobras, and y/n couldn't help but notice how intensely tory stared at her best friend.

"hey, where's river? haven't seen him in a couple days." moon spoke up.

y/n shrugged, "don't know, don't care. he's been completely ignoring me ever since the valley fest. i can't believe he got mad over some dumb shit like that."

hawk snorted, "he dumped your ass already? no surprise." moon slapped his arm. "shut up, he didn't dump me. he's just not talking to me. you should take notes and shut your mouth." she smiled sarcastically.

the boy across from her rolled his eyes, causing y/n to do the same as she scooted her way out of the booth. she hadn't realized both tory and miguel had disappeared. "i'm leaving."

"no one cares." "cared enough to respond."

y/n pulled her phone out of the pocket of her jeans, opening up tory and her's convo.

y/n
where'd you and miguel go?

do you have a thing for him?

tory
i'm taking him somewhere that'll get his mind off sam

i might. i'll call you later tonight

y/n shook her head, silently laughing at her new friend. she made her way to her car in her parking lot, starting it up and driving to the dojo.

she hadn't done any solo training it a while and sensei lawrence had just told them the other day about how the back of the dojo was always open for them to practice.

she sang along to random songs in her playlist as she drove, tapping her fingers on the steering wheel. once she got there she headed straight to the locker rooms to change into her athletic shorts and her tank top, she predicted she'd get pretty sweaty.

"hiyah!" it had been about a hour since she had first started, "y/n! i'm going home, i'm leaving the keys on my desk, lock up for me."

she nodded at sensei lawrence, her breathing heavy as she walked over to grab her water bottle. a few minutes later she hears the bell of the dojo go off, causing her eyebrows to furrow. who else would come in this late?

she looks towards the door, noticing a shirtless hawk storming over to the punching bag. he wasted no time as he began punching and kicking the bag roughly.

y/n shifted awkwardly on her feet, she hated to admit it but god did he look hot. she walked closer to him, "dude, calm down."

he turned to look at her for a split second before returning to punching the bag, "what are you doing here?" he asks, his swinging not stopping. "i was practicing my kicks. what are you doing here?"

he stopped, punching the bag one more time before fully turning to face y/n. "not that it's your business, but moon broke up with me." he mumbled, brushing past her and towards the water station.

"oh." was all that y/n could say. "what, no snarky comments?" hawk chuckled lowly before taking a sip of his water. "nah, you already down bad." she snorted, walking back over to the dummy in the corner.

she did a roundhouse kick on it, hawk watching her. 'i must be down bad for real if i find you attractive right now' he thought to himself as he continued to watch her, his eyes scanning her body.

she turned around, causing him to look away quickly. "besides, i have no room to speak. i'm not even sure if i have a boyfriend anymore." she laughed.

she walked over and stood next to hawk, placing her hands on her hips. she sighed, "we must suck." hawk laughed, his eyes widening as soon as he realized that for once in his life he laughed at one of y/n's stupid jokes.

there were a few minutes of silence, it was kinda awkward.

hawk looked down at y/n from the corner of his eye, he knows it was wrong given that he just broke up with moon but all he could think about was what miguel and mika has said.

miguel saying he was jealous of y/n being with river, and what mika had said at that party almost a month ago.

"anyways, we should probably g-" before y/n could say more hawk's hand grabbed her waist and turned her towards him.

in one swift movement he connected their lips together. she was quick to push him away, "what the fuck are you doing?"

hawk pulled her by her waist again, their faces only inches away. "i want you." he whispered.

y/n gulped, "you're crazy. you don't want me, you hate me. you just broke up with your girlfriend, you don't know what you're saying."

"i know exactly what i'm saying. i want you, y/n. i need you." hawk connected their lips once again, y/n pushing i'm away once again. "oh, come on. don't tell me you've never thought about it. about us."

y/n shook her head, "it doesn't matter if i have. i have a boyfriend." she stated, turning around to walk away from the situation.

author's note
y'all thought–
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)