eight, the truth

"you should all be proud of yourselves. i know i'm proud. your parents would be proud too, if you told them what we did here today, which we won't."

y/n's eyes squeezed shut as sensei lawrence hosed her down with water. she stood next to hawk and chris, covered in wet cement.

"you pushed forward like champions. never stopping. never being satisfied. never giving up. and if you keep pushing and keep moving forward, you're gonna go to places you never even dreamed of."

he nods at his students, hosing them down one last time before calling an end to today's session. they all begin walking their different ways with their friends.

"so guys, what's the plan for today?" aisha questions as she steps forwards to where hawk, miguel, and y/n stood. "well i think we'd all like to shower first," miguel laughed, "but uhm, applebee's?"

all three of them nodded in agreement to miguel's idea. "can i invite moon?" hawk asked, as they all began walking towards the parking lot where they had parked. "i guess." miguel shrugged.

a laugh then left miguel's lips, "just make sure she doesn't get too close to y/n, or else she might wanna include her in all the fun tonight you two will be having tonight."

y/n and hawk groaned, "are you ever gonna let that go? it wasn't even funny! what mika said will permanently scar my mind for life!" hawk glared.

aisha looked at them in confusion, "okay, uhm, what happened?" miguel explains to her what happened at the party two nights before, making her laugh hysterically.

y/n and hawk turn to look at each other, giving each other a nasty look. hawk sticks his tongue out, flipping her off, y/n mimics his actions and does the same thing.

the four friends separate from each other, miguel going with y/n since they lived in the same building. "see you guys later!" aisha waves to everyone as she hops in her car.

y/n and miguel get in her car, "i know it's weird to ask, but have you ever thought about it?" miguel's eyebrows are quirked up slightly as he looks at y/n who is pulling out of her parking spot.

"thought about what?" she questions, her head turned back to make sure she gets out her car reversed safely. "uhm, you and hawk. i mean it's probably none of my business but there's a lot of tension there, everyone knows it. i bet you even moon knows it." he chuckles.

y/n's head snaps forwards to look at him as she begins driving towards home. "ew, no. i've never thought about it, that's disgusting. that's like me asking if you've ever thought about you and robby or something."

miguel's face scrunches up in disgust, "what? that's not even remotely close to being alike." y/n shrugs, "yeah, well i've never thought about it. besides, i'm with river now." she smirks.

"since, uh, when?" miguel asks, slightly taken aback by the news. "he asked me out after the party, i said yes." "why? do you even like him?"

y/n shrugged, "i don't know, i think i do. too soon to tell to be honest, but i mean he's super hot." miguel rolls his eyes at his best friend's response.

–time skip–

"y/n, hey." carmen greeted as the two teens stepped into miguel's apartment. "hi, miss.diaz." y/n smiled as she sat down next to miguel on the couch.

"why are you guys covered in cement?" concerned filled her voice as she walked closer to her son. "long story." miguel replied.

"i'm sorry to hear about your brother, your aunt told me." carmen said with a frown, causing both miguel and y/n to look back her. "you have a brother? what happened?"

"nothing happened." y/n mumbled. miguel looked at his mom, who took the hint that y/n didn't wanna talk about it so she just shrugged.

"i'm going to go run a few errands, yaya made food it's on the stove if you guys are hungry."

"thank you."

the teens sat in silence for a minute before y/n spoke up, "uh, well i'm gonna go home and shower. i'll see you at applebee's." just as she stood up miguel grabbed her wrist.

"what happened? why didn't you ever tell anyone you have a brother?" miguel asked while he stood up now towering a bit over her.

she sighed, "had." "what?" "i had a brother, he's gone now."

"y/n...i'm sorry." y/n let out a laugh, "why are you sorry? look, it's fine, okay? just forget about it, it's not a big deal."

miguel shook his head at her, "it is, when did it happen? was it after the all valley, is that why you left? god, i'm such a bad friend! i was so worried about sam and i's relationship that i never noticed you had something going on. i should've been there for you like you were for me, i should've-"

the h/c haired girl grabbed her friend's hands in hers, "it's okay, really. i'm okay, if i had wanted you to consult me i would've told you. sadly, there's nothing anyone could've done. can we just not talk about it?"

miguel shook his head, "why do you always think you have to do everything on your own? y/n, you should've talked to me. you know i would've listened no matter what drama i was going through. you know i always have your back, right?"

y/n didn't answer, instead she just looked down at the floor. a sigh left miguel's lips as he moved forward and indulged y/n in a warm hug. she returned the hug, placing her head on his chest.

"miggy, you're gonna make me cry. and if you do you know i'll punch you, right?" she mumbled, eyes closed as miguel held her closer. he laughed at her words, "yeah, yeah i know."

after a few more seconds of silent hugging miguel spoke up again, "we should probably get all this cement off us." "yeah, we probably should."

author's note

if u got that reference, hi pls be my friend:panyways, i promise you guys there will be more hawk and y/n moments soon! it's about to get interesting😳

anyways, i promise you guys there will be more hawk and y/n moments soon! it's about to get interesting😳