thirty-eight, first day brawl

it was officially the first day of school, or hell as y/n liked to call it. she yawned, stretching out her arms and rubbing her tired eyes. it had been a long weekend, first the party, and then spending all of sunday trying to track down tory.

one good thing had come out of it, her and hawk. at least it felt like a good thing now, only time would tell.

she threw the covers off herself, getting up and going into the bathroom to do her morning routine. she washed her face, brushed and flossed her teeth, moisturized, etc. she had showered the night before and had her outfit ready to go, seeing as she was indecisive picking it out the day of would've been a disaster.

she decided on a rather simple outfit: black, denim jeans ripped at the knees paired with a graphic tee and some chuck taylors on her feet . she put on her high top, chuck taylors and added her usual jewelry.

after doing her hair and makeup she grabbed her phone, keys, and backpack, said goodbye to aunt linda, and headed out the door.

"ugh, it's way to early for this shit." she mumbled to herself, tossing her black backpack in the passenger seat and starting her car. she stopped by a mcdonald's first, grabbing some breakfast and eating eat as she drove towards west valley high school.

once she arrived she found her parking spot, claiming it as hers for the rest of the school year. she grabbed her trash and her bag and got out of her car.

"oh, hey, l/n!"

she turned around, trash in hands, at the sound of her name. "sensei lawrence, hi." she smiled at the waving blonde man, she looked at the boy on the passenger side of his car, "robby." she seethed.

"don't forget we have a session later." johnny reminded, as robby got out of the car. "i won't forget." y/n assured, waving goodbye before walking away.

she tossed her trash at the nearest trash can, spotting miguel and speed walking up to him. "morning, miggy. still nothing from tory?" she asked, leaning over his shoulders to look at the one sided convo he had open.

"no, what about you?" he asked, turning to look at y/n. "she won't text me back." y/n replied, "i have to go find my locker, but i'll tell you if i hear back from her. don't worry, i'm sure she's fine."

miguel nodded, waving y/n off as she walked away.

after some wandering she finally found her locker. of course it was next to sam's, who stood at her own locker talking to robby.

hawk walked through the already crowded hallways. spotting the familiar girl he made his way next to her, throwing his arm around her shoulders, "hey." he greeted quietly.

y/n shut her locker close, "hi." she mumbled back, her hand resting on top of hawk's hand that was on her shoulder.

sam and robby glanced back at the two, eyebrows furrowed. a few other students in the hallways took a glance too, all confused as to why the known enemies were talking to each other. and more importantly, why they were so close.

y/n stood slightly on her tippy toes, placing a short kiss on hawk's lips. he smirked down at her, knowing she had only done it to give them something to see.

"say something and i'll punch you in the throat." she threatened. hawk raised his free arm in defeat, pulling her closer into him as they both walked away to their first period.

"what's your first period?" she asked the boy, "history, yours?"

"math. my head is gonna explode, i hate math." hawk laughed at her, nudging her slightly, "you are pretty dumb."

she clicked her tongue, laughing with him, "shut up."

the bell rang, cutting them off. "my class is this way, i'll catch you later?" hawk nodded in response, letting go of her and heading in the opposite direction.

"hey, y/n!" he called out to her. she turned around, both of them now walking backwards in the long hall. he stuck up his middle finger, laughing when she did the same except with both her hands.

y/n continued her way to the class at the end of the hallway, finally finding it and getting inside. her eyes scanned the room for an empty seat, the only one being next to demetri. what a great first day it was.

"good morning, students and faculty." the voices in the classroom went quiet as the morning announcement went off. "welcome to a brand-new year at west valley high. i hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready to dive back into the school year."

y/n tapped her fingers against the table, already bored of this. she kinda zoned out for a little, before demetri spoke up. "so, i heard you and hawk don't hate each other anymore." he chuckled dryly.

"oh, we do. i despise him, a lot actually." y/n lied, not bothering to look at demetri as she kept her blank stare on the front of the class.

"that's not what people saw earlier, we've been at school for—"

"why are you still talking to me? i tried being nice to you at that stupid party and you thanked me by bumping into me for a drink to spill on me. so, please stop making small talk." y/n snapped, looking at the boy for a few seconds before turning her head back to look forward at the already written on whiteboard.

the intercom speaker cut off for a second, everyone in the class becoming confused by the sudden stop. "you're not supposed to be in here. no, give me that back."

feedback from the microphone squeal, more than half the class covering their ears at the annoying sound.

"samantha larusso." y/n straightened up in her seat and the sound of the familiar voice over the speakers, tory.

"you know what you did, and now you're gonna pay for it. i'm coming for you, bitch." the intercom cut off as the bell rang, y/n instantly dashed out of the classroom, leaving her backpack behind. the mumbles of students being heard everywhere, all wanting to know what the drama was about.

miguel sprinted past y/n, "miguel! miggy, wait!" she ran after him, almost every hallway empty which meant there was one that was crowded. wherever that was, sam and tory had to be there.

y/n pushed her way past the people, seeing the red hair and walking up to him. "what's going on?" she asked hawk.

"we're about to find out." he replied.

sam and tory stood in the middle of a circle of students, this was gonna go really bad.

"i saw what you did at the party," tory started, "you kissed miguel."

"ooh"s were heard all around, and y/n's eyes slightly widened in shock.

"i—" before sam could say anything tory was swinging at her, shoving her back towards where the cobras stood.

"get back in there!" hawk called out as him and some of the others pushed her back inside the circle.

god, was tory beating her ass. y/n didn't want to be one to take sides, but she was a cobra, and tory was her best friend. "get her, tory!" y/n called out, earning a glare from robby.

out of nowhere he jumped in, pushing tory up against the lockers, "stop!"

one of the cobras launched at robby, but was kicked back. in less than a second miguel had tackled robby onto the ground, the two now fighting each other.

"oh, it is on!"