thirty-three, unlike you

y/f/c— your fav. color

y/n tilts her head sideways, looking into the mirror in front of her. she wore a pair of black, ripped jeans and a beige, long sleeve top.

she sat down on the corner of her mattress and she put on her black socks.

"are you nervous?" tory asks, resting her head on her hand from where she sat on y/n's bed.

"no, why would i be?" y/n shook her head, placing her hands on her thighs and turning to look down at her friend.

"well, tonight is like the first official date you've been on with hawk. i mean, he actually asked you on a date this time." tory smiled.

y/n lips curved up into a smile of her own, "yeah, i thought it was kinda weird when he asked. i just hope it goes okay. i think..." her eyebrows furrow, "i might actually not completely hate him."

"you can say you like him, you know?" tory giggles.

a knock on y/n's bedroom door interrupts them, "come in." y/n calls out, getting up from the bed and going over to her dresser to finish her simple makeup and hair.

"hey, y/n. hi, babe." miguel greets the two girls, going over to the bed and kissing tory on the cheek. they both greet him back.

"hawk told me you and him are going out tonight, have fun." a cocky grin spread across miguel's face, y/n rolling her eyes at him.

"oh, we will." y/n said, slipping on her shoes and grabbing her phone before leaving the room.

miguel and tory's mouths fell slightly open as they looked at each other, seconds later they laughed loudly.

y/n laughs, heading out the front door and down to meet hawk at the parking lot of the apartments.

it was fairly dim out for it only being five in the afternoon, the sky was grey and the clouds seemed to be full of water waiting to fall.

"guess who." the h/c haired girl smiles as she stands on her tippy toes, behind hawk, the palms of her hands covering his eyes.

he's leaning back against his motorcycle, a smile forming on his own face when he hears the familiar voice and his nostrils fill with the familiar scent of floral perfume.

"miguel? is that you?"

y/n clicks her tongue, retrieving her hands and playfully pushing the boy in front of her forward.

"shut up. where are we going?" she asks, her eyes looking up at hawk as he turns around to face her.

"you'll see, come on." a smirk is prominent on his face while he hands y/n a helmet.

she'd ridden hawk's bike before, and she hadn't seen he had this helmet. her head tilted slightly as she studied the y/f/c helmet.

noticing this hawk nudges her to take it, "take it," he shifts on his feet as he utters the end of his sentence, "i bought it just for you."

at this y/n's eyes instantly tear away from the helmet at up at hawk, who is avoiding making eye contact with the girl in front of him.

she feels her heart rate picking up at the thought of hawk going into a motorcycle store, thinking of her, and buying a helmet just for her.

"wait, wait, wait. you bought this for me?" y/n asks, grabbing the helmet off his hand.

hawk rolls his blue eyes, "just...get on so we can go." shaking his head, he puts on his own helmet and hops on his bike.

y/n laughs lightly while placing the new helmet on herself and hopping on behind hawk, her arms instantly wrapping around his torso.

as he starts up the bike y/n speaks up, "i swear if you go as fas—"

before she could finish her sentence hawk sped out of the apartment complex. y/n held on tighter, fearing she would fall off.

—time skip—

y/n patted down her hair, placing down the helmet onto the bike. she looked up to see where hawk had brought them, they were on a hill.

"umm, are you gonna kill me?" she asks, following him further into the trees that surrounded them.

"no. at least not tonight." he smirked playfully, looking back at her and reaching his hand out for her to grab.

hesitantly she placed her own hand in his, feeling the coldness of the silver ring on his finger against her skin.

she was a bit weirded out by hawk's sudden change in demeanor. usually he wouldn't act as.. affectionate? as he was acting today.

they continued down a path. soon y/n could see the moon more clearly, along with the perfect view of reseda.

it looked nice from up on the hill, nicer than usual at least.

"how'd you find this spot? do you bring all the girls here?" y/n asks, a smile on her face as she walks closer to the edge to get a better view.

"maybe." hawk jokes as he walks over to stand besides her, "come over here." he directs, grabbing her hand once again and leading her over behind where they stood.

y/n's eyes widen slightly at the sight, "oh my god." she looks up at hawk, her eyebrows raising.

"are you okay? like, are you sick or something? did you hit your head, i really wouldn't be surprised if you did—"

"what? i'm fine. my head is fine too." hawk chuckles.

"did miguel make you do this? this is not like you at all. who did this?"

hawk's grin slowly turns into a frown, "you don't like it."

y/n instantly regrets doubting the fact that hawk had done what she was seeing in front of her.

there was a blanket laid out on the grass, snacks and drinks on it.

"no." she steps in front of hawk, still looking up at him. "i love it." she smiles brightly.

to his surprise, she then wraps her arms around his torso. her head on his chest as she embraces him in a hug.

"no one's ever done anything like this for me, eli."

there's no doubt that when he did this, he was thinking as eli and not hawk.

he wraps his own arms around y/n's body, a smile appearing on his face again.