thirty-six, parties = bad times

"winner, once again, y/n!" the group of teens surrounding the table cheer, y/n throwing her hands up in the air in accomplishment.

to say she was now a bit tipsy would be understandable, seeing as she had just spent the last fifteen minutes playing flip cups with shots of vodka.

"okay, someone else can play now, i'm done." she laughed, the teens 'aww'ing in dissatisfaction.

she makes her way inside the house through the slide door, making her way over to the couch where mitch sits.

"what's he doing?" y/n asks, her eyebrows knitting together as she watches hawk who is across the room walking up to a girl with brown, curly hair.

mitch shrugged, "i don't know. he said something about making a girl jealous."

y/n eyes darted from hawk to moon, who stood only a few feet from him. she continued watching the scene, moon walking over and kissing the girl—well that was awkward.

a few seconds later hawk began walking back to mitch, his eyes widening when he noticed y/n. she rolled her eyes, standing up from her spot. "y/n—"

"your ex is dating a girl, must tell you something about yourself." y/n spat before walking away.

"that was harsh." mitch chuckled, hawk glaring at him to shut him up. the red haired boy sighed, following after y/n.

"y/n where are you going?" she continues walking forward, ignoring the boy behind her.

y/n stopped at the kitchen counter, grabbing herself a red cup and filling it with whatever she could get her hands on first.

she poured the alcohol into the cup, almost filling it halfway before someone's hand snatched the bottle out of hers. "y/n." hawk spoke, now standing behind her.

"oh, please don't let me stop you from picking up girls." she said, turning around and smiling at him. he was particularly close to her, having her pinned back against the counter as he stood right in front of her.

"it wasn't like that."

"yeah, whatever. i don't care." she mumbled, pushing past him. he sighed in defeat, groaning as he slammed the bottle back down on the counter.

y/n wandered around before deciding to go back to the living room area, where a corner of teens making out had began to form.

she was on her second cup of svedka and at this point all she wanted to do was go home. she found a seat far away from where hawk had sat after he maneuvered his way back from the kitchen.

he watched the teens who danced happily and the ones who were making out, specifically moon and piper who were making him feel particularly shitty.

he also watched y/n, his eyes lingering on her for longer as she leaned back against the couch she sat on and downed her drink.

she pulled out her phone, deciding to scroll through instagram to pass the time. "you okay, n/n?" she looked up, her eyes meeting aisha's.

"um, yeah. just not really in the party mood tonight." y/n fakely smiles, finishing the rest of her drink. "yeah, to be honest i don't think any of us are." aisha chuckles dryly, her eyes looking around at the moping cobras and miyagi-dos everywhere.

the sudden "oohs" catch the girls' attention and they look at the commotion coming from the other side of the room. y/n stands up, shoving her phone in her back pocket and walking over to the scene.

"what the hell is wrong with you? why would you do that?" y/n shakes her head.

hawk had just poured the drink in his cup onto demetri, and even though y/n and demetri had stopped being somewhat friends a while ago she still respected him enough to never humiliate him like this.

hawk rolls his eyes at y/n before turning to demetri, "that's what i thought," he throws his cup at him, "still a pussy." he spits before walking away, his shoulder bumping into y/n and causing her to stumble back a bit.

"are you okay, demetri?" y/n asks, slouching down and placing her hand on demetri's now wet shoulder.

"i'm fine, y/n." he scoffs. he stands up glaring at her and purposely pushing past her, causing the drink in her hand to fall onto her outfit. she gasps as the drink pours into the shirt she wore.

"oh my god." aisha gasps. anger courses through y/n's body and she walks away towards the nearest bathroom.

it was late, and y/n was hoping to leave the party as soon as she cleaned up. going into the bathroom she took the flannel off grabbing some toilet paper and trying her best to pat dry the drink that soaked through to her tank top.

after minutes of trying so let out a frustrated grunt. the hearing of demetri's talking and loud laughter caught her attention, and she grabbed the flannel out of the sink and went back out to the party.

"eli's waterbed." that was the only part y/n was able to hear clearly as she walked out towards aisha and the other cobras.

demetri stood up front, with a microphone in his hand. "screw mercy. you're a corpse!" hawk exclaimed, handing his newly grabbed cup to mitch.

the cobras followed behind him, aisha and y/n included. sure she was mad at hawk, but she'd always have his back. they're cobras.

"you're gonna have to go through me." chris walked up in front of the cobras.

"stay out of it, traitor." mitch spat.

"hey, don't touch him." robby intervened.

y/n stood next to hawk, her glare turning to look at robby, "yeah, or what?"

everyone fell silent as the cobras and miyagi-dos stood face to face.

"guys, stop. we're friends." moon interrupted, soon being cut off by stingray, "oh, i smell a rumble!"

and just when things were about to go down blue and red lights light up the room, followed by the sound of a siren. "cops!" someone called out, causing everyone to scramble away as fast as they could.

"demetri, you got lucky." hawk called out, walking up to chris and robby who pushed him back.

y/n looked out the glass windows where cop cars pulled up, and she sighed as she grabbed onto hawk's arm, "hawk."

"i'll see you in school!"

"hawk, come on!" y/n exclaimed, pulling harder on his arm as she began sprinting off like everyone else had done.