thirty-nine, aftermath

kicks and punches were being thrown all around, the cobras and miyagi-dos now going at it in the hallways of west valley high.

y/n moved to the side, a body being slammed into the lockers next to her. she looked down and saw a cobra on the ground, looking up she locked eyes with none other than river.

without hesitation he threw a punch at the girl, thankfully she ducked it and his fist hit the lockers instead. "oh, i've been waiting for this. let's go, bitch!" y/n exclaimed, throwing a front kick straight to rivers stomach and sending him flying back.

the students around them stood watching the fight, every hallway now turned into a war zone. 

y/n threw constant punches at river, one to the stomach and two to the face. he swept her feet from under her, causing her to fall to the ground.

she was fast to stand up, throwing a punch but missing. instead she caught one herself, already feeling her cheek bruising up.

she pushed river back, the two of them somehow ending up by the trophy cases.

the sound of a loud crash and glass breaking caught the girl off guard as she noticed hawk down on the ground, demetri looking down at him.

river launched at her from the side, sending her hurling to the floor. a grunt left her lips as she tried to fight him off, not even a few seconds later someone had tackled the boy off her.

y/n sat up as quick as she could, watching hawk as he repeatedly punched river. "hawk, stop, that's enough" she spoke up as she stood to her feet.

he didn't stop, one of his hands on the collar of river's shirt while his other was in a fist throwing punches at the boys face.

she reached for his arm, pulling it back as strongly as she could to stop him from continuing. river was already a bloody mess, she was afraid of what'd happen if hawk kept going. "stop it." she repeated, looking into hawk's eyes.

his angry glare softened for a second, but only a second. he yanked his arm back from y/n's grip, "don't touch her, ever again." he spat, throwing river down one last time before getting up.

"miguel!" tory's blood-curling yell caused the heads of everyone to turn and time seemed to slow down as y/n's eyes saw miguel falling off the balcony.

y/n ran over as fast as she could towards the stairs, as if any kind of speed would or stopped the inevitable from happening. hawk followed behind her, along with a few others.

miguel fell onto the stairs below, "robby, what did you?" sam cried out to robby who stood at the very top of the stairs, he said nothing and instead ran off.

"miguel!" tears rolled down y/n's cheeks as she ran forward, being stopped by someone's arms on her waist. she tried to fight against them, but it was no use seeing as their grip was too strong.

tory's own eyes let tears drop from them, and sam's too as she approached the boy who was surrounded by the securities.

y/n sobbed, falling back onto the person who held her. she instantly figured out who it was as their arms wrapped around her body tighter, hawk's own eyes filled with tears at the sight of his best friend on the stairs.

—time skip—

johnny followed y/n through the hospital, the two had found each other outside the doors and decided on going in together.