thirteen, insults

"how long do you think they'll keep hating each other for?" tory whispered to miguel as they walked hand in hand behind y/n and hawk who walked in front of them with a good ten foot distance between them.

miguel chuckled, "well, they've been at it for almost a whole year now. it's so dumb; they never even talked before joining cobra kai and when they did talk they just instantly hated each other."

"there's definitely tension between though. like... not just hatred but, you know, feelings or some shit." tory shrugged to which miguel laughed out loud.

"no way, look at them. wait about five minutes and one of them is gonna spit out an insult towards the other."

"oh, come on. i think they've gone at each other enough, i don't think they'll insult each other anymo—"

miguel quickly pressed his finger against tory's lips, shushing her as he noticed hawk opening his mouth.

"why do you walk like that? fix your posture, hunchback of reseda." the boy with the red mohawk snorted.

"and here, ladies and gentlemen, we have the world's biggest dumbass—eli moskowitz!" y/n claps and imitates the cheering of an audience.

tory watches the two, miguel next to her trying to hold back a laugh. "how often do they do this?"

"oh, this is nothing." miguel chuckled, "a few months ago things got physical. it was...bloody."

"are you always an idiot or just when i'm around? you know, you are proof that god has a sense of humor." y/n glares up at hawk, now stopping and standing in front of him. "we all sprang from apes, but you couldn't spring far enough could you?"

the couple behind them came to a halt and continued watching the two enemies bicker back and forth.

"i was pro-life before i met you."

"i could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a better comeback than that."

"you do realize makeup won't fix your stupidity?" hawk reaches over and swipes his finger across y/n's forehead, causing her to smack his hand away.

miguel watched in amusement, tory next to him rolling her eyes, as the two continued. they hadn't had an argument made up of insults in weeks.

"ha! jokes on you, i'm not wearing any foundation. you could use some makeup though, seeing as your face makes onions cry."

"it looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a hammer."

"your birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory."

"ever wonder why no one likes you?"

"your mom does, saw her last night." hawk's jaw clenched at y/n's statement, miguel and tory both laughing.

"okay, hawk lost, whatever!" tory said while removing her hand from miguel's and walking forward towards y/n and hawk. "can't you guys at least just pretend to be friends?" she questioned, throwing her arms around their shoulders and pulling them closer.

"no." they replied in unison. miguel snickered now walking in front of them, "told you it's never gonna happen, tory."

"worth a try." she sighed, moving away from her friends and back to her now boyfriend.

"so, what are we doing here anyways? i'm meeting river later." y/n spoke, her arms crossed across her chest. "you guys made up?" miguel questioned with a small smile on his face.

"yeah, i mean, it didn't take that much talking for us to sort it out. it wasn't that big of a deal after all, just a small bump in our newly found relationship." she shrugged.

"who's river again?" tory asked, only having seen the boy once or twice.

"the boy from the beach club; brown hair, tall, hot." y/n smiled, the thought of her boyfriend coming into mind.

when she first began dating him she thought they had jumped into the relationship too fast and that could have been why she wasn't so sure of her feelings towards him, but after their small hiccup she knew she liked him back enough to be his girlfriend.

"he doesn't really ever hangout with her because she sucks...and she's not hot." hawk mumbled.

"says the one that literally just got broken up with, sad." y/n snorts causing tory to shove her shoulder and give her a 'stop being mean' kind of stare.

"anyways," miguel interrupted, "ferris wheel, come on." he grinned widely, pulling the blonde who's hand he held.

miguel and tory had decided on coming to golf n' stuff, not really letting y/n or hawk have an opinion about it.

"you guys are getting on, right?" tory questioned as they stood in line. "i don't know..." y/n said as she slowly looked up at the huge ferris wheel in front of her.

"come on, it'll be fun! don't tell me your scared of heights, n/n?"

"no, of course not. fine, i'll get on." y/n gulped, knowing she was lying straight through her teeth when she denied being scared of heights. it was stupid—she could beat anyone up but she was scared of heights?

"hawk?" miguel asked as he climbed up the steps toward a seat with tory. "what?"

"you getting on?" miguel was cut off by tory, "actually, he's not asking you a question. you're getting on, so get on."

"i guess." hawk grumbled, going to find a seat.

"bro, just sit next to y/n. that way we're all by each other." miguel laughed. y/n, who was sat in the seat in front of him an tory, looked back at the three. "he's not sitting next to m–"

"y/n, shut up and let him sit next to you. and you, hawk, just sit next to her." the two teens groaned at tory's words, miguel only laughing at them.

"everyone on?" the conductor called out as he looked around making sure everyone was secured into the ride.

"hope you fall." hawk whispered to y/n. "for you? never. made that clear yesterday, didn't i?" a shit-eating grin was plastered on y/n's face as she spoke.

"fuck you."

"wouldn't you want to."