fourty-four, second chances

"coming!" y/n rolled her eyes in annoyance to whoever had been knocking on her door for the last minute.

"y/-" before the person on the other side of the door could finish saying her name she had slammed the front door on their face.

"come on!" three bangs echoed through the apartment, "please let me talk to you."

"no." she plainly stated, staring at the white door.

"look, i know i was wrong. i shouldn't have acted the way i did, you didn't and don't deserve it. i should've stayed with you at the hospital and i shouldn't have ignored you, i should've checked up on you. i was a dick. please, just let me come in to finish explaining myself." hawk's voice sounded almost remorseful.

y/n sighed, contemplating on whether to allow the boy in or not. then she thought about what miguel had told her.

placing her hand on the doorknob, she took a deep breath in and out before opening the door.

as soon as hawk's eyes meet hers they seem to light up, and he tries to contain the smile that wanted to creep up on his face.

"okay, explain." y/n demanded, making her way over towards the couch and taking a seat.

she stared directly up at hawk and watched as he closed the door and move over towards her.

"i just—i just thought that it would be better if i took action. if i went back to the dojo and trained enough to get revenge for what robby did to miguel. for what miyagi-do did to cobra kai. i mean, sensei kreese said we can't just let them get away with it. no mercy. cobra kai never dies."

y/n blinks, as if telling him to continue.

"i know i was the worst boyfriend ever for not checking on you. after you saw me in the dojo—the way you looked at me, i just thought it'd be best if i didn't talk to you. which was a mistake, i should've. i know you might not believe me, but i spent those weeks, everyday and every night, thinking about you."

hawk sighed, now taking a seat next to the girl, "please, could you forgive me? i promise i'll do better. let me show you i can do better."

"okay." she states.

"wait, really?" a grin spreads across hawk's features.

"yeah, really." y/n nods, a smile creeping up on her own face.

"can-can i hug you?"

she nods, embracing the boy soon after. sighing in content, and relief, she closes her eyes.

—time skip, couple weeks later—

it's been a two weeks since miguel's foot finally moved, since then he's been going pretty hard at physical training and today will be his first day back at all valley high.

"trade me." y/n puts out the fruits and oats granola bar in her hand. she walked side by side down the hallways with hawk, who turned to look down at her.

"i thought you said you didn't want the chocolate chip." he quirks his eyebrows.

"i change my mind. trade me." she pouts, tilting her head and batting her eyelashes playfully, "pleaseee."

hawk smiles at his girlfriend, "whatever, here." he hands her his bar and takes hers in return.

things had been going pretty good since the talk at y/n's place. hawk had been nothing but sweet to her, and they were slowly but surely mending back together their relationship.

"el serpiente."

the two teenagers approach miguel, who is stood in the middle of the hallway, "what's up?" he greets.

"welcome back, man." hawk daps him up, stepping back and allowing y/n to give miguel a quick hug.

"feels good to be back."

"did they give you bionic legs or some shit like that?" at the sound of hawk's question y/n looks up with her eyes squinted, shaking her head.

"no, same old boring human legs." miguel chuckles.

"oh, yeah? can you throw down? gotta defend that title. gotta get through me first." hawk jokes around, miguel laughing at the boy. "dude, cobra kai is crushing it right now."

at the mention of the dojo name y/n and miguel glance at each other. johnny is planning on opening up a new dojo, and miguel talked to y/n about telling hawk about it—maybe he'd wanna join? however, y/n wasn't sure she'd be the best candidate and they both decided miguel should be the one to tell him.

"i've actually been meaning to talk to you about that."

just then the bell rings throughout the school, letting students know class was beginning shortly.

"uh, i'll talk to you about it at lunch." hawk nods at miguel's statement, y/n giving miguel a smile and waving goodbye before they go their separate ways.

y/n walked with hawk up the stairs to their next classes, his arm making its way around her shoulders.

"okay, so i was thinking—"

"that's a first." y/n laughs as she watches the reaction on hawk's face, his eyes rolling back.

"i was thinking, maybe we could go out tonight? go to a movie or something."

y/n nods with a smile, "yeah, we should." reaching the top of the stairs she stands up slightly on her tip toes and kisses his cheek, "see you at lunch."

once y/n reached her class she took her seat next to demetri, who's arm had been in a cast for a few days now.

"hey," she greets, taking out her books.

"hey."

she stares down at the cast, eyes tracing the various messages written on it.

"are you back with hawk?"

she looks up at demetri, who was already staring at her, "i've seen you guys walking around together. i wasn't sure so i didn't wanna ask you until miguel confirmed it."

"um, we're working on it." she smiles with a nod.

"you do know he's the one who broke my arm right? i'm sorry to tell you, y/n, but he's not gonna change. cobra kai's brain washed him."

without another word he turns his attention to the teacher who has walked in, "alright, settle down everyone."

y/n had no idea it had been hawk that broke the boy's arm. why would he do that? demetri used to be his best friend.