thirty-seven, gone soft

tires screeched across the pavement of the encino hills streets, the teens driving away as fast as they could to avoid getting caught by cops. although y/n had gotten a bit tipsy due to the amount of alcohol she drank, she had two cold water bottles in her cup holders—one almost all gone, and she felt good enough to drive.

once she was a good distance away from moons house she slowed her speed and drove as carefully as she could back to reseda.

her phone rang from its place on the cupholder, she stopped at the red light and answered it quickly without bothering to check the caller id.

"hello?" she answered, her eyes remaining on the road in front of her as she waited for the red light to turn green.

"y/n, are you okay to drive right now?"

"i'm fine, miguel." she furrowed her eyebrows as she drove off again. "is tory with you? i got out of the party before the cops went in, but i didn't see her. i tried calling her a bunch of time already, and she won't pick up."

"she's not with me, i'll try calling her."

"alright, thank you. drive safe. oh! and talk to hawk. aisha told me what happened at the party, with moon, i'm sure he has a good explanation."

y/n rolled her eyes, "yeah okay, be safe, bye." she hung up and continued her drive. after about ten minutes she was finally back at her apartment complex, and she immediately dialed tory's number.

no response. she dialed a few more times, but tory never answered. she texted, and received no replies through text either.

she sighed, tory was a lot like her maybe something had happened between her and miguel and she just needed the rest of the night alone.

as she got out of her car she noticed the familiar motorcycle that was stationed next to sensei lawrence's vehicle.

"great." y/n mumbled under her breath, making her way up the shitty, metal stairs and to her apartment. once she got up the steps she could see hawk leaning against the side of her door.

"y/n, hey." he instantly perked up once he saw the h/c haired girl. "hey." she replied, going to unlock her door.

"can we talk, please?"

y/n goes inside her home, turning to look up at hawk who's still standing outside and waiting for an answering. she nods, "uh, yeah, we can."

hawk steps inside, shutting the door behind him as y/n hangs her keys up on the hook next to the door. she slips her phone out of her pocket, still no response from tory, she places it down on the coffee table.

"okay, so," she places her hands in her back pockets, looking up at hawk, "talk."

"listen, y/n...i like you, okay? i-i don't know what happened at the party, seeing moon just brought back memories of the time she and i were together. she was my first girlfriend, so seeing her makes me feel like i should try again. but i don't care about moon anymore. i care about you, l/n. i fucking hate you, and not even for what i used to hate you for weeks ago, but for making me feel this way. i feel crazy, like i'm loosing my mind. we've been hanging out to try and piece together these pieces, that by the way are pretty self explanatory. i've gotten to know who you are more this week; you're funny, and sarcastic, and the perfect balance of sweet and mean." he chuckles, "i don't know if you have, but i've figured it out. i like you, like a lot."

the blank stare on y/n's face almost instantly disappears, a smile tugging at her gloss covered lips. "never would i have imagined you, out of all people, confessing his feelings for me. you've gone soft, moskowitz."

hawk rolls his eyes, "there you go with that annoying ass wittiness." y/n laughs, hawk smiling down at her.

y/n takes the inside of her cheek in between her teeth, biting down on it, "i like you too, hawk," she frowns playfully, copying his next words, "like a lot."

"really?" hawk laughs, "shut the fuck up."

y/n steps closer to him, remembering the moment they had outside her door a few weeks ago. "make me." a smirk appears on her face, "you won't."

hawk's memory also flashes back to that they, when she had uttered those same words. he smirks back at the girl, walking even closer than she already was. his hand wraps around her throat, the feeling of his cold ring pressing up against her skin sending shivers down her spine.

he pulls her to him, leaning down and connecting his lips to hers. the kiss was rough, hungry, and sloppy. hawk's hand remained around y/n's throat, his other hand on her hip, and y/n's hands rested on hawk's chest.

hawk's hand wandered underneath y/n's clothes, gripping onto her bare skin.

the moment was interrupted by the jingle of keys outside the front door, "shit." y/n mumbled, quickly pushing hawk away from her.

she grabbed his hand, leading him towards the coach where they sat. "so, yeah miguel called me and said he couldn't find tory. i'm kinda worried about her."

aunt linda stepped inside the home, glancing at the two teens, "what's wrong with tory?" she questioned, knowing the girl y/n had spoken a few words about.

"miguel's been trying to call her, she won't pick up." y/n shrugged, "you remember, eli." hawk waved at y/n's aunt who waved back awkwardly.

"is he your new boyfriend, or why does he seem to always be around now?" linda laughs, y/n looks up at hawk, who's already looking down at her.

"well, actually—" she gets interrupted by hawk's raspy voice, "yeah, i am."

"oh, okay. umm, why do i never know any of your boyfriends?"

"i mean, you've already met him. we just hadn't made it official yet." y/n replied, gesturing towards hawk who had just surprised her by claiming to be her boyfriend.

"mhm, well it was a long night. i better get to bed, nice seeing you again, eli." she walked off, turning around one last time and pointing a finger at hawk, "don't hurt my niece."

hawk chuckled, "i won't, ma'am."

aunt linda walked off, her heels in her hands. y/n turned back to hawk, her eyebrow raised, "boyfriend, huh?"

"yeah," he leaned down, placing a kiss on her neck. his hand gripped her thigh, and he whispered into her ear, "you're mine now."