thirty-five, end of summer

"alright, i think we all knew who was gonna win that one." sensei lawrence spoke, wincing at the new bruise forming around mitch's eye as he got up from the mat.

it was the next day and the teens were currently in a session where sensei lawrence had them sparing their assigned partners.

"hawk and y/n, you're up next. or, i'm sorry, has your undying love for each other stopped you from being able to kick the shit out of each other?" johnny smirked, looking at the two teens who stood on opposite sides of the room.

of course he just had to bring up what he saw a few nights ago on his way out of his apartment. he was johnny lawrence after all, he loved making life harder for his students.

the teens around the dojo laughed, not believing what sensei lawrence was saying. y/n and hawk stepped up to the matt, doing the usual before they got into fighting positions.

"you're going down, l/n." hawk said with a smug look on his face.

"yeah, yeah, whatever." y/n said, "you know you're almost decent when you shut up." she said, her head tilting slightly.

"today not tomorrow!" sensei lawrence calls out, rolling his eyes at the two. they start sparing, and in a twist of events hawk wins.

y/n grunts, her back landing on the mat and hawk leaning over her holding her arms above her head. they stay like that for a few seconds and then sensei lawrence speaks up, "alright, alright. i'm sure that position is bringing back memories, but if you could please stand up so i can dismiss everyone."

the teens laugh again, y/n and hawk still not amused by the teasing they were receiving. they stand up from the floor as sensei lawrence allows them to leave.

everyone heads into the locker rooms to shower and change, some just changing. y/n hopped into a shower stall and showered quickly, getting out and changing into her outfit for the day.

"you always dress so much better than me." tory jokes, sat on a bench and tying her shoes.

y/n laughed, looking down at her outfit as she brushed her wet hair.

she had changed into some light, straight leg jeans that had a few holes at the knees. she paired the jeans with her white air forces, a blue, only slightly cropped, tank top, and a black and white flannel she had found in her closet and stuffed in her bag.

the girls grabbed their stuff and headed out, "good job today everyone! oh, look i complimented you guys. the world must be turning upside down, we've all stopped hating each other." sensei lawrence smirked as he watched hawk and y/n emerging from the locker room.

"real funny, sensei." y/n mocked, pushing the front door of the dojo open and exiting with her friends behind her.

"what's the plan for today? last saturday of the summer." miguel smiled, his hands on the straps of his backpack as he walked with y/n, tory, and hawk towards the parking lot.

"i heard moon's throwing a end of summer house party, we can go to that." tory shrugged.

"yeah, sounds good." they all shrug and agree on meeting at the party later tonight.

hawk and y/n decide on heading to her place and hanging out there before it was time for the party. it was currently around one and the party started at six so they had a good four or five hours to kill.

hawk is laying on y/n's bed, tossing around the avocado plushie they had won the other day as he watched her apply her makeup.

she didn't add much—just some mascara, highlight, and eyeliner.

"should we just watch a movie for now?" she asks, plopping down onto her mattress. hawk shrugs in response, "yeah, sure."

he tosses the plushie to the side and grabs y/n's waist, pulling her down towards him. she laughs, laying down next to him.

—time skip—

y/n drove her car to encino hills, following behind hawk who drove his motorcycle. outside the house was littered with teens, red cups in their hands and some of them smoking.

the loud music was heard from the outside and grew louder as y/n entered the house, her eyes scanning around for any cobra.

"y/n, welcome! kegs are out back and drinks are in the kitchen!" moon greeted happily, hugging the girl. y/n awkwardly hugged moon back, a look of confusion on her features.

"uh, thanks." she thanked, stepping away from moon. she finally spotted a familiar face, "aisha, hey!" aisha smiled as she heard the voice calling her name.

"hey!" aisha waved from where she sat on the couch with mitch. y/n walked over towards them, standing in front of them once she reached them.

"so, we heard you and hawk been getting along lately." mitch smirked, earning a nudge from aisha.

y/n chuckles, "uh, yeah sorta." just then hawk approaches the cobras, a red cup in his hand. "hey guys, y/n."

"oh, first name basis i see." aisha smiles. y/n playfully rolls her eyes at the girl's comment.

"you look really nice." he compliments boldly with a grin on his face.

"did he just compliment her?" mitch gasps, turning to look at aisha. "and she didn't even gag!" aisha adds, both of them and some of the other cobras who sat behind them laughing as hawk and y/n shake their heads at them.

hawk decides to rile up the cobras even more, pouting out something he had noticed ever since earlier. "is that my flannel from the other night?" he smirks, taking a sip of the drink in his cup.

y/n looks down at the button up shirt, now realizing that it indeed was. "it is actually." she smirks back at him, making the cobras whistle and howl.

"oh my gosh." y/n shakes her head in embarrassment, turning to walk away. as she does she notices the group that is entering the party, miyagi-dos.

the cobras behind her fall silent, and y/n swallows the lump in her throat when she notices river next to demetri, both of them glaring at hawk.

hawk's jaw clenches, if looks could kill river would be dead. miguel and tory walk in, their smiles dropping when they see the opposing dojo.

"let's go." tory says to miguel, and the two walk back outside.

y/n let's out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding in, and follows them out.

author's note
idk how i feel about this chapter:(