fifteen, movies and texts

a laugh echoed through the rather large living room. y/n sat next to river on the black, leather seat couch, a bowl of popcorn on her lap.

"this movie is so stupid, but so great." river chuckles at her input. his arm is around her shoulders as they watched the movie that played on the tv, 'scary movie 3'.

the ding of a cellphone is heard, for what seemed like the hundredth time in the past two hours that y/n had been at his place. river unlocked his phone, looking down at the dimly lit screen.

y/n turned to look up at him as she munched on the buttery snack. she watched as he smiled at whatever message he had been sent, and she wondered what it was that had him so smiley.

y/n wasn't usually the type to care about things like that, but she was at least 96% sure he had been paying more attention to whoever he was texting that he had been paying to his girlfriend and the movie.

he removes his arm from around y/n as he lets out an airy laugh, "what's so funny?" y/n asks, her eyes now directed at the television screen.

"hmm? oh, the movie."

"you're not even watching it though." y/n chuckles bitterly while moving the bowl out of her lap and onto the coffee table in front of her.

"what, of course i am." river states, placing his phone back down on the arm of the couch. "okay." y/n mumbled.

as river tried to pull her body closer to his by wrapping his arm around her but she shoved him off, "i should get going home, it's getting pretty late." she said.

"y/n-"

"i'm going home. you haven't even been paying attention to the movie or to anything i've been saying because you've been on your phone the whole time i've been here. don't let me stop you, whoever it is that you're texting can have your undivided attention now, not that they didn't already have it." y/n rants, standing up and grabbing her phone off the couch and moving away towards the front door.

she opens the door ready to exit, "y/n, stop. we just fixed our problems from our last argument are we gonna keep arguing like this?"

"i don't know." y/n shrugs before walking out the door and shutting it behind her.

"well, this has just been the best fucking day ever, huh?" she chuckles to herself as she begins the long walk home.

her eyebrows knit together as she tries to think of who river could've possibly been texting, maybe it was someone from miyagi-do, right? could be.

—time skip—

by the time y/n arrived at the grey, grungy apartment building it was dark out. as she approached closer she noticed miguel and tory sitting outside his apartment.

she rolled her eyes, trying her best to act as if they weren't there at all. the door opened and hawk stepped out with three water bottles, handing one two the two teens who were sat down.

miguel and tory's eyes followed y/n, prompting hawk's gaze to turn up and look at her as she walked up the stairs to her apartment.

"is she serious right now?" tory scoffed. miguel shrugged, "i guess. why is she even home this late, and did she walk here?"

"looks like it." hawk answered.

y/n listened to their mumbled voices as she unlocked her door, entering and immediately noticing a note taped to the fridge.

left for work, there's food in the fridge.
see you tomorrow morning.

she sighed and walked to her bedroom, taking off the little makeup she had on and all of her jewelry. she grabbed her pjs and her phone and made her way to the small bathroom down the hall to shower.

she hit shuffle on her playlist, and one of her favorite songs began playing. she turned on the shower and removed her clothes before hopping in.

her thoughts consumed her as she felt the warm water run down her naked body, her wet hair sticking to her forehead.

she didn't know what to do anymore, it was as if from one hour to the next she felt completely tired of everything.

she was tired of arguing with river, tired of the changes the dojo was going through, she was tired of acting like she didn't miss her parents, or her brother, and she was tired of hating hawk.

she washed her hair and then her body, shutting off the water once she was done. she got out and wrapped her towel around her body, moving over to the sink and swiping the fog off the mirror as she listened to the newest song that was playing.

she changed into her pjs, put on her deodorant, and then proceeded to wash her face and apply her moisturizer. as she hummed along to brooklyn baby by lana del rey and began to brush her teeth her phone dinged.

she picked it up from where it was on the closed toilet lid and turned it on.

maybe: sam larusso
is this y/n?

her eyebrows furrowed together as she read the text, and who it was from. her and sam rarely ever talked to each other, and y/n wasn't exactly fond of her since she had hurt her best friend, miguel, and had accused tory of stealing.

she rinsed out her toothbrush and her mouth, drying her hands on the towel before typing back a reply.

y/n
yeah?

sam larusso
i got ur number from demetri

ik u probably don't like me n ur probably wondering why i'm texting u

i found something out and i thought u should know

y/n
well r u gonna tell me what it is?

she sat down on the closed toilet and bite down on her nail as she waited for a reply.

sam larusso
i think river's cheating on u

i'm not sure if u guys r still together though, are u?

y/n's heart stopped as she read the text from sam. "you've got to be kidding me." she huffed. she wasn't even sad at this very moments, she was just furious.

she immediately went over to the contact app and called her boyfriend, the line ringing for what seemed like forever.

"hello?" once she heard his voice she froze, she hadn't thought of what she was going to say.

"y/n? hello?"

impulsively she hung up immediately, scolding herself for doing so. walking out of the bathroom she thought of what would be best to do.

she didn't even know how she felt, was she supposed to be sad? or did it make more sense to be mad?

she sat on her bed, just staring at the floor. "how could i be so dumb?" she asked herself. next thing she knew she was crying.

author's note
i'm sorry for not updating in the longest, i'm working on the next chapters right now to make up for the time i have made all of you wait for this.

i didn't really know how to end y/n and river's relationship so i just did this. also, excuse any spelling mistakes i didn't really proof read this chapter.