seventeen, confrontation

"what do we do now?" tory asked the three other teens next to her. they all stood outside miyagi-do dojo not having planned their next move.

"we go in...right?" miguel suggested, scratching the back of his neck. past the gate in front of them they could see the miyagi-dos training, their attention on their moves and on their sensei.

"that's up to y/n." tory responded while turning to look at the girl next to her. y/n stood in a gazing state, her e/c eyes staring straight at her boyfriend—possibly ex-boyfriend she hadn't yet decided.

"y/n? y/n!"

"sorry, what? oh, uhm-no let's not go in. let's just wait for them to finish. i don't wanna make a scene that's fucking embarrassing, especially if it's over a guy." she spat with a tone of disgust. her three friends nodded in agreement and they all waited for river's session to be over.

a few more minutes, maybe fifteen at max, went by before the miyagi-do students started dispersing. y/n sat on the bench outside the gate, her head resting on tory's shoulder. once she noticed students began coming out of the dojo she straightened up.

deathly glares were thrown from the miyagi-do's to the cobras and vice versa. "what are you all doing here?" demetri asked, rolling his eyes as he looked at hawk.

"none of your business." hawk answered quickly, taking a step towards demetri. y/n quickly stood up, placing her arm out in front of hawk, "we're not here to fight or anything, i just need to talk to sam and river." she declares as she looks at demetri.

"what about us? oh, y/n, hi. i like your hair." sam chirps up as she walks out with river and a few other students, who happened to be former cobras.

tory and miguel were quick to stand when they came out, ready to back y/n up if she needed it. river nodded at hawk who did nothing but glare at him. hawk's jaw clenched and his hands balled up into fists at the sight of him. he had no idea why he was mad, it was y/n's problem not his, but he couldn't help but feel almost as angry as tory or miguel did.

"thanks, and i'm here to talk to you about what you said yesterday." y/n stated while looking at sam and letting her arm fall down to her side. "what'd she say yesterday?" river asked, his attention suddenly snapping towards y/n.

the sudden silence was extremely awkward and uncomfortable which caused most of the miyagi-do students to scramble, except for demetri.

y/n looked down at the ground before looking up again and deciding to just ask, "river, are you cheating on me?"

"what?" the boy in front of her gulped, his eyes wondering around and looking at the people around.

"you heard what she asked, don't play dumb, answer the question." tory remarked.

"y/n why wou-"

"look, river, can you just tell me the truth? sam, can you tell me what made you tell me what you told me? demetri, did you know?" the more questions y/n asked the closer she stepped towards them.

river looked down at sam, almost as if he was telling her not to say anything. sam wasn't a big fan of the cobras, and her and y/n rarely spoke, but she wasn't gonna cover up for a cheater.

"demetri and i saw you and yasmine yesterday, at the movie theater." sam spoke, "we didn't think anything of it until he put his arm around her and kissed her, sorry y/n."

y/n froze, not knowing how exactly to react to the details she was given. should she be mad and punch river? or should she run away crying?

"n/n-"

"is she telling the truth?" she asked, interrupting river. he sighed, running a hand through his slicked black hair, "yeah, she is. y/n we've been dating for months and it's like we're not dating at all. we barely hang out, we argue all the time, do you even have feelings for me?"

y/n laughed bitterly, "you're such a dick. you could've broken up with me if you wanted to be with yasmine so bad. i did have feelings for you, did. but you know what? i'm not even hurt, it's not a loss for me. know why? because you're fucking boring, all you do is talk and talk and talk about shit no one cares about. sorry to break it to you but you're not a good kisser, you're not that hot, and you suck at karate everyone is just to nice to tell you. if anyone lost here it was you." y/n rambled smiling once she finished talking.

she turned around ready to walk away but hawk stopped her by grabbing her shoulder. "wait, you forgot something." he said, earning a confused stare from y/n.

river let out a breath of air, looking at the two in front of him. "yeah, what'd she forget?"

without second thoughts or any hesitation hawk threw a punch directly to river's nose, causing him to stumble back and fall onto demetri and sam. tory, y/n, and miguel's eyes widened at hawk's action.

"she forgot that." hawk shrugged, turning around and walking away and back towards the vehicles.

"what the hell? y/n, i know he cheated on you but how are you just gonna let hawk do that to him?" sam questioned, holding river up. y/n scoffed before walking away, tory and miguel following.

"dude, what was that?" miguel asked hawk as they all approached him.

"well, we came here to help y/n right? thought i'd help her with what she should've done." hawk spoke, looking down at y/n who now stood next to him. "thanks, i guess?" she said, more like questioned.

as they began getting into their cars miguel spoke up, "so, applebee's now?" his voice faded out to y/n's ears, realization hitting her like a truck.

she might not have shown it right, but she did have feelings for river. knowing he cheated on her because she didn't know how to express her emotions was now starting to hurt.

"y/n, you good?" tory questioned to which the h/c haired girl stayed quiet. "y/n?"

"i-i'm just gonna go home, okay? i'm fine, i just wanna be alone right now. thank you for helping me out with this, i'll catch you guys later." y/n replied, starting up her car and driving away.

"seriously?" hawk spoke up, watching her car go off into the distance. tory sighed, "hawk, she just found out she got cheated on. she thinks she's fine but she's not, trust me. she'll figure it out though, she's y/n. come on, get in, let's go."

author's note
i think this is the worst chapter i've written thus far...
sorry for not publishing any new chapters for the past week, it's been a rough week i lost my voice and i had horrible allergies.
but.... i promise y/n and hawk will at least touch next chapter😩