twenty-five, everything changes

"you know, you're not so bad l/n." hawk says, his hand playing with y/n's as they lay in her bed. it was dark in there, only the slight moonlight peaking through her blinds.

y/n laughs, "are you like in love with me now or what?" she smirks while her gaze remains on their hands. her head rested on his chest, feeling it vibrate under her when he laughs.

"oh no, definitely not. i still hate you."

"i hate you too, moskowitz."

silence consumes them and minutes later both teens end up drifting off into deep slumber. in their minds they didn't know what had just happened, and if or this had changed things.

of course it had changed things, but was it for the best or worst?

—time skip—

the sun rose from behind the hills, shinning through the blinds in y/n's room and causing her to stir in her sleep. her eyes snapped open when she realized it was morning.

she grabbed her phone from the nightstand to check the time, messages from tory and other cobras filling up the screen. a certain message stood out, one from river. she chose not to read it at the time and focus on bigger things, hawk.

she turned around on the bed and shook the sleeping boy next to her, "dude, get up."

he groaned, turning to lay on his back, "what?"

'damn, his morning voice is hott. okay snap out of it, y/n, focus!' y/n's thoughts went crazy as the boy rubbed his eyes with his palms.

"you have to go, like now, before my aunt gets here. so, like right now."

immediately he gets up, searching for his clothes in her room. he slips on his pants and his shirt, which had dried overnight.

"here," y/n said while standing up and beginning to unbutton the flannel on her body. "keep it." hawk smirked, walking out of her room.

"oh, okay?" y/n responded as more of a question. "catch you later, l/n." hawk waved before walking out the front door and shutting it behind him.

"okay." y/n mumbled to herself, strutting back into her room to get ready for the day.

she got in the shower, washing away all of last nights sins. although the bruises on her hips, the mark on her neck, and the soreness of her legs kept her from forgetting everything.

the soapy water ran down her body as she washed it, her eyes closed as she thought of every little thing hawk had done to make her feel good.

"oh dear lord, i'm going crazy." she sighed, leaning back against the shower wall.

once she got out she brushed her teeth and then proceeded to her room to change. she chose a rather simple outfit this time, throwing on a white tee and some black leggings along with her white slip on vans.

she brushed her hair out and then applied some waterproof mascara on her lashes along with some clear lipgloss on her lips.

she folded her gi and placed it in her backpack, grabbing her phone off her charger and her keys before heading out and hurriedly walking out of the apartment and down the steps to her car. she got in and threw her bag on the passenger seat before turning on the vehicle and driving off towards the dojo.

upon arrival she noticed a few of the cobras standing outside the dojo, leaning against the wall. amongst them was tory, miguel, aisha, chris, and bert.

the door on her car slams shut when she closes it, her backpack hanging off her shoulder. "uh, hey guys." she greets and they all greet her back.

"you should have totally seen the shit that went down after you and hawk left the party." bert laughs, "aisha made yasmin cry with just words!"

from behind y/n the cobras could see hawk walking up to the dojo, his own bag hanging off his shoulder and his signature mohawk styled back into his hair.

however, he didn't stop to chitchat. he didn't even greet anyone, he avoided them all, y/n included. y/n shook her head, 'unbelievable' she couldn't believe what just happened.

it's not like she got attached to him after having had sex with him, but she still couldn't process the way he just ignored her. not just because he slept with her, but because of all the things that took place before that even happened.

"that's weird." tory mumbled, looking around at the group of teens. "yeah." y/n bluntly agreed before walking inside the dojo herself.

she began thinking as she walked, 'i'm starting to believe it's the mohawk that's making him act like a dick'

inside the girls' locker room y/n slams shut her locker, already changed in her gi and leaving all her belongings inside the locker except for her phone.

she unlocks it, opening up river's message.

river
sorry about yasmin

sorry about everything

can we talk?

a loud sigh leaves her lips and then a sudden crash is heard next to her, startling her and causing her to jump up a bit. turns out it was just tory hitting the locker next to her, "what's up with you?" she glances down at the brightly lit phone, "holy shit. are you gonna talk to him?"

"i don't know, tory. i'm kinda having a very weird day today."

"i say do it, i mean not for him but for you. maybe it'll help you move on."

oh, if only tory knew you practically already had. "i guess you're right." y/n nodded before typing back a response telling river they could meet later after sessions.

the two girls headed into the main part of the dojo, their hair now up. sensei lawrence explained the plan for today's session, more sparring. he wanted to get the group ready for the next all valley.

"i've also heard school starts in two weeks, which means we'll have to change the time we meet. but for now, who's up first?" when no one volunteer he began pairing people up, "aisha you're with bert, tory you're with miguel, y/n..." sensei lawrence trailed off as he looked around.

"hawk."

author's note
if you're reading this story you're VERY appreciated, 17.9k readers, wow<3