sixteen, over it

the next morning y/n woke up not knowing when it was she fell asleep. she rubbed her tired eyes as she yawned. grabbing her phone she checked the time and noticed all the texts from the cobra kai dojo, miguel, tory, and river.

she tossed her phone aside, deciding to ignore all of them except for the group chat one which was from sensei lawrence saying there was no session today just a quick meeting.

she made her way to the bathroom, getting startled when aunt linda suddenly burst through the front door.

"good morning." y/n greeted. "good morning, and goodnight." aunt linda replied before walking into her dark room, ready to rest after a night of hard work.

once she made it to the bathroom she did the usual, washed her face and brushed her teeth. she then brushed away the knots in her h/c hair, looking at her hair attentively as she did so.

"should i dye it again?" she questioned to herself. she pouted, "nah, maybe not—ouuu! maybe i should cut it." putting down the hairbrush she crouched down and scavenged through the cabinet underneath the sink.

"where are the scissors, here they are." she stood up, looking at her reflection once again. "should i really do this? i mean i'm not a professional, but then again i have cut my hair multiple times and it looks fi—why am i talking to myself?" she giggled. she shrugged before cutting off a rather large amount of her hair without any hesitation.

she cut at a few more strands, paying close attention to her actions since she didn't wanna end up bald. "yeah, this does not look okay." she winced while looking at the mirror. she hurried to her room and grabbed her phone off the bed before going back to the bathroom.

she opened the youtube app and searched up a tutorial. after following through her hair actually turned out good, and she styled it to her liking. it was about shoulder length, a little bit longer than that, and she had cut layers into it which had surprisingly turned out good.

once she was back in her room she searched her closet and drawers for an outfit. she went with a black and purple, plaid mini skirt which she paired with a black, cropped tank top, a fishnet top under that, and her black docs. she added a few necklaces to her neck and some rings on her fingers.

she sprayed herself with a body mist and grabbed her phone before heading out.

sensei lawrence had notified the students that this was only a meeting to explain what he next weeks would hold in store for the dojo with the next tournament coming up.

y/n got in her car and drove towards the strip mall, finding the parking spot closest to the dojo once she arrived.

she walked inside the dojo, the bell on the door ringing and causing a few heads to turn and look at her. "l/n, welcome back!" sensei lawrence greeted, kreese standing next to him with his arms crossed across his chest.

"what the fuck happened to her hair?" tory whispered towards miguel and hawk who stood next to her. they all look at y/n who now stood a few rows ahead of them on the mat. "i think it looks nice." hawk shrugged, causing miguel and tory's heads to snap over to look at him. he ignored them and kept his eyes on sensei lawrence who talked.

after a few minutes sensei lawrence and kreese dismissed the students. the all scrambled away, putting their shoes back on going about their days.

"y/n, hey." y/n stopped walking and looked at tory. "hi."

"look, i'm sorry about yesterday. about what i said, i didn't mean you should stop being our friend i just meant—"

y/n interrupted the blonde in front of her, "it's cool, i don't care. what are you guys up to right now?" she asked.

"we were just gonna head to applebee's, why?" miguel asked. y/n sighed deeply before deciding to explain to them what had happened and what her plan was, "sam texted me yesterday, weird i know, she said she thinks river is cheating on me and i'm gonna go find out. wanna come?"

"wait, what? he's cheating on you? that mother-" miguel interrupted his girlfriend, "yes, we'll go." he said as he looked at y/n sympathetically. "okay, come on." y/n grinned.

miguel and tory walked with y/n towards the exit, hawk staying back not knowing if he should go or not. he had really thought about what tory had said yesterday at golf and stuff, about him and y/n needing to stop their hate for each other.

once y/n realized he wasn't following them she turned around, miguel and tory kept walking towards tory's car which was conveniently parked next to y/n's.

y/n stared straight at the boy with the red mohawk, "are you coming or what?" she asked. "i mean, if you want me to." he replied as he walked over towards her. "i mean, i was talking to all three of you. i need the best ass kickers on my side." she said as they walked to the door.

hawk opened the door and allowed y/n to walk through first, "oh, so you think i'm the best?" he smirked. y/n laughed, "shut the fuck up." tory and miguel sat in her car and looked at each other when they noticed hawk and y/n walking and laughing together.

"did we miss an episode?" miguel asked. "shit, we might've." tory replied.

once they reached y/n's car tory rolled down her window. "okay, let's catch a cheater."

"let's do it." y/n stated before hoping in her car and rolling down her own windows. "since you're the one inviting me, can i ride with you? if i have to witness these two singing random songs to each other in the car again i will open the door on the freeway." hawk spoke, looking at y/n.

"oh, shut up." tory laughed, and y/n laughed with her. "fine, i guess you can ride with me. just keep your mouth shut, the whole ride." y/n smiled at hawk sarcastically before unlocking the door and letting him in.

"hey, where are we going anyways?" miguel asked y/n.

"miyagi-do dojo." she answered before pulling out of the parking lot.