Shadows In Spring

Gwyn told herself that she no longer cared what the Shadowsinger thought about her...

  She told herself that he was just a man who had been shunned from his own court because of his dishonour. Gwyn really did not know if she could stand by him for the next few weeks.

  All she was reminded of was his passionate embrace with the Archeron sister in that garden-

  No, Gwyn. Do not think about them again.

  She packed her bag in an organized form, her fingers shaking as she placed more of her belongs in a neat pile.

  She had not left the Night Court in two years...let alone the library...

  Her hand reached up to grasp onto her chain, but it was no longer hanging from her neck. In a moment of pure jealousy, Gwyn had ripped it from her skin.

  Gwyn was bigger  than feeling such wicked jealousy.

  So, she tried to wipe it all from her memory as she prepared for her long journey to the Spring Court.

 Gwyn did not want to think that spring may indeed remind of her of Catrin, of how at peace and wild her twin sister would be there.

  NO.

  She could not go down that path again.

  If she thought of her sister now, she would completely collapse and dissolve in the library.

  There was just so much pain, every, single, day.

  Nesta had helped her in a way that could never be repaid. But, Gwyn was still haunted every moment and fought not to completely spiral again.

  When she first arrived at the Library... she was nothing. All she did was scream until her voice went hoarse. 

  Gwyn prayed that she had healed enough to never become that person again.

  But her night terrors had no rules, they arrived whenever they desired.

  Gwyn quickly shut her bag, trying to block out the sudden noise in her head.

  The shadowsinger would be with her..

  It would all be fine.

  Azriel and Mor met with Gwyn an hour later in the library. Azriel also had a black bag slung over his shoulder, and from the look of it, he packed more weapons rather than clothing. 

  Gwyn went to speak with Clotho before her departure. She had already made arrangements for the trip, and had a personal note sent from the High Lord to Merrill, so that Gwyn would not be butchered. 

 "I just wanted to say goodbye, Clotho," Gwyn gently brushed her knuckles on the Priestesses door.

 Leaving so soon? I will miss having you around, Clotho wrote with her magical pen.

  Gwyn rolled her eyes, "Speaking pleasantries now before I am leaving, Clotho? Getting sentimental?"

 Clotho only shook her head with a smile, Do not be too harsh with the Shadowsinger. He did not mean any harm. He wanted someone to have a piece of beauty for the Solstice. 

  Gwyn did not know how the woman knew of the drama between the necklace...Maybe it was because Gwyn no longer wore it?

 "I will take that into consideration, goodbye priestess," Gwyn began to turn to the door, but paused.

 "And, I want to thank you for everything you have done for me in these last two years," Gwyn left before any tears could appear.

  As Gwyn reunited with Mor and Azriel, she noticed that his shadows had become relentless around him.