Sunsets

Azriel smelled her desire through the wall, had heard her silent gasps in the water. 

  He had his head firmly placed on the adjoining wall, trying to catch his breath.

  He felt...pride in his chest.

  The thought of his mate, freely exploring what life had to offer...made his body warm.

  Gwyn had finally taken control of her body, of her own pleasure...and he could not be more proud.

  He did not want to ruin that moment for her...even though he was burning from the inside out.

  Azriel needed to speak to her...he just did not know how.

  He could not go one more day hiding his secret.

  Gwyn deserved more than being lied to.

  He most definitely did not want a situation where his secret was revealed by another, not like how it had been with Feyre and Rhysand.

  Azriel needed to be a man and face her.

  But every time she neared him...he completely froze like a fool.

  He did not think that in his entire existence...he had felt so nervous. Even his shadows were wary...waiting in anticipation for what was to come.

  Azriel stood in the mirror, facing his reflection, as he practiced his speech several times.

  But it did not feel right.

  He did want Gwyn to think that he was purposely ignoring her...he was ignoring her because he was ready to burst.

  Maybe it was too soon?

  Maybe he should wait a few more weeks until they were back in Night, and this dreaded curse had ended.

  But he had been close to death's doorsteps and had pleaded with the voice...had confessed that he would no longer waste time ever again..

  And here he was...the only thing standing in Azriel's way...was himself..

  He needed to get out of his damn room and speak to someone. 

  Rhysand was still in the living room as he entered.

 "Can I speak with you, Rhys?"

  Rhys nodded, "Of course, brother."

  They headed to the gardens, away from any possible ears.

 "How did you know her voice would wake me?"

  Rhys began-

"Do not give me some absurd excuse about how you read it in a book," Azriel interrupted before he could speak.

  Rhys shook his head with a chuckle.

 "Let me ask you something, Az," he neared him.

 "Why did I partner you with her in the first place?"

  Azriel paused.

 "You knew?"

  Rhysand nodded.

 "When? For how long?" Azriel had grown agitated. 

 "That is for another time...you need to have the conversation with her."

 "You think I don't know that?"

 "Look, Az," Rhys ran a hand through his hair. "Do not make the same mistake that I made with Feyre. I would give anything to go back in time and properly tell her. That damn Suriel beat me to it and I never regretted anything more."