Never Be The Same

Gwyn could not stop staring into his perfect hazel eyes.

  She knew exactly what he was referring to and in that moment...Gwyn knew she would never be the same.

  Her breath caught as he stared into her eyes like she was the last glass of water. Gwyn squeezed his hand, holding on for her dear life.

  Her entire body had caught on fire when he looked up at her like that.

  Before she did or said anything stupid...the group entered the room in an instant. They were quickly asking questions, nearing Azriel as they observed his wellbeing.

  But she never wanted to let go of his hand...

  Never again..

  Unfortunately, the healers were sent into the room and was pushed out. Gwyn was going crazy, pacing outside his room like a lunatic.

  When they met with her back in the hall, Gwyn was instantly assertive.

 "Well?" she asked, holding in a breath.

 "We want him to rest for a few days...no raises in his heart rate," they gave her a warning look.

 "Of course, can I see him again?"

 "I think the Shadowsinger has had enough excitement today, maybe visit in a few days."

  Gwyn frowned at that comment.

  She spent those few days in the library because she would go crazy in her room, listening and memorizing to his breaths. 

  Her fingers were currently working on the tenth friendship bracelet.

  None of them were good enough....

  And then she felt him and she was quickly on her feet, the bracelets falling all around her.

  Azriel, Spymaster, Shadowsinger, stood in all his powerful glory, with one hand placed on the door frame.

  She held her shaking fingers behind her back.

 "Out of hiding, Shadowsinger?" she raised a brow, trying to slow her heart rate.

 "Of course, I definitely do not want to the miss the excitement of.." he looked at the bracelets.

 "Friendship bracelets," she added with a smile.

  He chuckled at that and Gwyn paused.

  His laugh...she wanted to melt at the sound.

 "I actually made one for you.." Gwyn whispered.

  Azriel lowered his hand from the door frame and walked forward.

 "You made me a friendship bracelet?" his eyes twinkled.

 "Well, actually, I made you a few," she nodded to the floor, where they were all scattered.

 "Lucky for you, you may actually choose whichever is the least hideous."

  He smiled and bent down to her feet. 

 " I like them all..." he looked up at her, his knees almost hitting her ankles.

  Gwyn's pulse was wicked, her skin grew sweaty.

  When he stared up at her like that....Gwyn would never be the same.

  She decided right then and there, that the sight of Azriel at her feet could never be compared. That the feel of him...in her submission, would be her undoing.