Untouchable

Azriel held her while she cried.

  But her tears were not signs of terror or pain...they were indicators of pure happiness.

  She gripped his shirt.

  She gripped it like it was not something concretely real.

  They were lying face to face, their hands moving aimlessly onto one another.

  Azriel kept his wings surrounding them, protecting his mate in a never ending heat.

 "I know this may be too much for you.." she whispered up to him with glittering eyes.

  "Hmmm," he ran his fingers through her hair.

 "Because you said you did not see yourself as a father-"

 "Gwyn," he kissed her forehead.

 "I've opposed to it for my entire existence, but when I learned the news.." he trailed, pulling her closer to his chest.

 "When I heard the news and imagined  being a father and seeing your reactions, my heart almost burst with happiness," he bent to kiss her passionately.

 "And seeing your reactions now....I know I would not want it another way, sweetheart."

 "Az-" she whimpered into their kiss.

 He pulled away for a moment, "If you chose me and chose to have a family with me....I would do everything in my power to protect you all."

  Azriel witnessed the tears dripping down her cheeks and onto the pillow.

 "I know you would protect me...I know you would protect them.." she whispered.

 "We would be untouchable...a burning force," he assured, kissing all over her face.

 "And they would never suffer as we have..." Gwyn almost went into the darkness but Azriel pulled her back.

 "We will make sure together...that our children will never suffer.." he assured.

  Then he watched her smile, "They would adore you, just like I do."

  Azriel felt that tug at his heart again, a feeling so unexplainable and unique...but he never wanted it to end.

 "And they would look just like their mother," he rubbed their noses. "I just know that they will have flaming red hair.."

  Gwyn giggled at that, "and your eyes," she ran a hand down his cheek.

 "One would have my eyes and one would have a pair of teal ones," he whispered.

 "They would be perfect.." she breathed.

 "I want to name one of the girls Catrin.." he finally announced.

  And Gwyn simply cried more tears of joy.