STARFALL

Gwyneth Berdara stared at her reflection in the mirror. The diamond music note necklace, that she now wore everyday underneath her clothing, shined on her slim neck in the dim candlelight.

  That same necklace, was a steady presence during every on-going battle, guiding her through the trenches of her life.

  That same necklace, held some unexplainable, omniscient power over her.

  But it was not the necklace...it was never about any necklace.

  It had always just been him.

  The thought of him.

  Gwyn smiled as she had her moment of revelation.

  She smiled because, after so long, she was certain of one thing.

  Gwyn had barely noticed anything after that... had barely heard a word because her heart was thudding in her chest so loudly

  Feyre had asked her stylists to curl diamonds into Gwyn's hair, leaving the strands to swarm around her back in waves. Then the girls turned to bring out Gwyn's dress.

  It was even more beautiful than she remembered. 

  They headed towards her figure, standing behind Gwyn to showcase the vibrant colour.  The women held open the gown and Gwyn stepped in, allowing the material to bask along her skin.

  She stared at her reflection again.

  She stared at the necklace and how it shined along her glittering teal ball gown.

  It was perfect.

  A perfect moment...just for herself.

 "Azriel will love it," Feyre had whispered in her ear, hugging her shoulders softly. The thought of him only made her tremble with nerves and excitement.

 "Don't be nervous, Gwyn. I remember my first Starfall...and it changed my life," Feyre smiled while staring out of the window, almost lost from the world for a moment.

  The stylists then brought out baby Nyx, who was shimmering his little suit. Feyre opened her arms for her child, waving his little chubby fists.

 "Even Nyx is excited," Feyre was glowing.

  They all were.

  Nesta had a wicked glimmer in her eyes, no doubt confirming that she was excited for the first Starfall with her mate officially.

  Elain was nervously dressing, she had decided for a red gown tonight...a colour that matched a certain male's hair.

  Gwyn grinned as the girls began to depart, rushing to  view the first fallen star in the time square. 

  But, Gwyn was planning to meet with her Shadowsinger first.

  So, with one last glance at the necklace, Gwyn headed for the townhouse. Her fingers trembled as she held onto her dress while entering the home. She could sense that he was not on the first or second floor.

  He was lounging on the rooftop balcony. Gwyn hurried up the stairs to meet him...her hands sliding on the railing from the sweats. 

  The moment she made it up to the balcony, he was already standing before her.

  Azriel completely beamed when he saw her, his smile would most likely outshine any star in the sky. His hair had become wild, disheveled in the night.

  His shadows sang around him as he watched her.

  His wings spread in the air, entrapping them from viewers.