The Valkyrie

Gwyn licked her lips as she painted a sarcastic smile on her face.

 "Show yourselves..you damn Hybern Soldiers," she growled out towards the darkness.

  Her pulse was racing, on the verge of completely bursting...but Gwyn kept her head up.

 "I will not hide from you...not anymore."

  The only reason she was speaking like that was because the Shadowsinger was on the verge of death.

  He gave her the strength to stand...and witness them all again.

  And when they  finally reached her, with the same smirks plastered on their faces, Gwyn almost froze.

 "Here for a second round?" the damned Captain stepped forward.

 "Once was not enough for you?" he chuckled.

  Gwyn charged at him with as much grace and power as the legendary Valkyries.

  Because now...she had transformed into one.

  She roared as she clashed against his own sword. 

  Then Gwyn began to remember every single movement that Azriel had taught her.

  Gwyn remembered all the times they practiced alone, when he gave her his undivided attention.

  When he smiled down at her with pride after training...

  Gwyn pushed harder, trying to ignore the men's laughter around her. She focused solemnly on the Shadowsinger's harsh breaths, using his constricted melody to block out of the rest of the noise.

  She turned her neck for moment and also witnessed Lucien fighting his own demons. He was fighting the tears in his eyes as he was swinging his sword...while using magic.

  Gwyn paced back for a second, trying to meditate her newfound powers.

  Her eyes averted from the Hybern soldiers, to Lucien, and finally....to Azriel.

  Gwyn's entire body shook at the sight of his blood spilling onto the floor.

  And then she had unleashed herself and the entire lair lit with bursting light. Tamlin roared alongside her and the light only grew.

  The suriel's had gone completely blind and now were left to the mercy of Gwyn's sword.

  But Gwyn showed no mercy.

  She spilled their blood until there was nothing left.

  Gwyn stood, panting, as she witnessed all their dead bodies on the floor.

  It all felt so...so good.

 "We might have a chance right now...tighten the Shadowsinger on me," Tamlin roared, his fur covered in black blood.

  Gwyn moved beside the beast as her fingers mended the rope.

 "Was that all of them?" she asked with a shaky breath.

 "No...not even close. But we killed enough to survive the night," Tamlin began to move, with Gwyn beside him.

  But Lucien stood frozen in the same spot, his sword was still in his bloody hands.

  He could barely speak.

 "Lucien, we need to go now or we will not make it," Gwyn urged the Fireling.

 "Lucien," Tamlin yelled so furiously that Gwyn shivered.

  The Fireling snapped out of his trance and nodded at the duo.