Another Damn Dinner Party

Azriel had to slightly slide down in his chair because his trouser had become so tight. 

  He used his magic to glamour her smell that was all over his skin..his tongue.

  His hand was still throbbing after she had let him touch her like that....

  Her skin...she had been so soft...

  Azriel gulped down his whiskey, trying to act normal in front of the inner circle. 

  But Gwyn was sitting just across from him and that dress...that damn dress....

  He had to bite his tongue before they all caught on.

  Gwyn was currently conversing with Nesta, her fingers trailed from her collarbones to the edge of her cleavage.

  Back and forth.

  As if she was teasing him.

  From the looks she gave him, he had been correct.

  She was playing...with him...in front of everyone.

  Azriel smirked softly as he bent over to refill his glass.

  Fifth glass already, Shadowsinger?

  Azriel paused, the glass at his lips.

  Did she just speak to him through their bond?

  His blood heated at the thought of...their secret conversation.

  Want a taste, Priestess?

  Gwyn rolled her eyes, shaking her head gently. Azriel had to slide lower, his pants became almost unbearably constrictive.

  He could not stop staring at her as he leaned his arm on the side of his chair.

  Elain was seated beside him, wearing a dress that almost left nothing to the imagination. Azriel recalled that he had never seen her dress in anything like that.

  She was currently leaning over, trying to capture his attention. 

  But Azriel only kept on averting his eyes, drinking his whiskey in a relaxed phase.

  He did not give a fuck about anything except for the woman in front of him. 

  The Shadowsinger had never been like this around them, so carefree and relaxed.

  Even his shadows had relaxed at the sight of her beaming in that dress, laughing with her friends.

  Rhysand cleared his throat at the head of the table. "I have called you all here for two important issues."

  Rhysand first began to discuss the nightmare suriel's and the curse.

  But Azriel did not even seem to listen.

  He had never been so dismissive with his High Lord. The Shadowsinger always gave him his undivided attention.

  All Azriel could do now was observe the patterns that Gwyn made on her chest. His eyes followed her finger like it was made of magic.

  Pay attention.

  He turned his head, smirking at her tone.

  How can I focus when you sit in front of me in that dress? He replied with a raised brow.

  She sucked in a breath.

  Oh, it is so distracting for you? Would you like it better off?

  Azriel choked on his drink, coughing abruptly.

 "Damn Az, if you're gonna cough like an animal...the barn is outside," Cassian started.

 "Oh, the Shadowsinger is definitely used to the presence of the litter barn," Gwyn added quickly.

  And then Azriel burst out laughing.

  Gwyn joined in, no doubt thinking about that damn left wing view.

  He couldn't stop.

  The entire inner circle had gone quiet.

  No one spoke.

  Azriel had never...laughed like that in front of them. 

  He put a hand over his smiling lips, "ugh sorry...continue."

  But Gwyn snorted, a hand over her own mouth.

  And then they were laughing again at their inside joke.

 "Can we continue now?" Elain asked agitated. 

 "Yup, sorry. I am done."

  You know the entire left wing smelled like shit because of that litter barn, Azriel added in the bond.

  This time Gwyn was choking on her drink.

  We are going to get in trouble, she gave him a warning look with a slight smile.

  Rhsyand began to speak again, but Azriel did not hear a thing.

  Several minutes passed and he did not absorb any information.

  He just continued to watch her through his glass.

  Then everything went quiet and Azriel noticed that all eyes were on him.

 "Azriel?" Rhysand asked from across the table.

 "Yes, sorry. Could you repeat that."

 "I said that Elain has informed Lucien about your shared kiss. He stated that if you wish to be with his mate...you would have to fight him in a blood duel."

  Azriel scratched his forehead.

  He almost wanted to laugh again from it all.

  Elain was staring at him with...a pleading look.

 "I told Lucien that I rejected the bond..." Elain started.

 "You what?" Azriel was now agitated.

 "I told him I wanted you instead..."

  Azriel raised both his brows at that statement.

 "And if you want to be with me...you have to fight in a blood duel."

  Azriel began to chuckle softly as he leaned back in his chair.

  His eyes scanned every face at the table and they were all sitting with...anticipation.

 "Everyone needs to relax," he tipped his glass back in his mouth.

 "We cannot relax if this will start a war with Autumn," Cassian added.

  Azriel stood, now agitated. "There will definitely be no war."

  Then he turned to look at Elain, "Because I do not wish to fight in any duel."

  Elain snapped out of her chair, "Then how do you plan on being with me? Why bother buying me such sentimental gifts."

  Azriel's eyes then narrowed to her throat, were she now wore the rose necklace.

  He rubbed his mouth furiously, looking back and forth between Elain and Rhysand.

 "I do not know how to say this nicely...but that kiss...was a mistake."

  Elain gasped.

 "And I have no intention to court you because..." he did not want to tell them that he had found his mate and  had never been so happy.

 "Because I am just not interested."

  Elain knuckles turned white.

 "I am sorry that this had to be done in such a public matter...but you all ambushed me."

  Then he grew angry from the entire situation and marched out of the room.