Kicked out

Gwyn went to clear her room for the last time.

  It would be different now because she never planned on returning.

  It was different now because her mate was the one helping her pack.

  She had to hold her grin as she watched the infamous Spymaster fold her clothes into one of her bags. Gwyn neared him and just wrapped one arm around his torso.

 "You are unexpected.." she said out of no where.

  But Azriel tilted his head, his eyes confirming that he understood what she meant. "In a good way hopefully?" he kissed her forehead.

 "You know the answer, Shadowsinger."

  They quickly cleaned out the small space, leaving most of her items behind...because they would never be needed again.

  She did not care for the modest clothing she once wore. Gwyn only wanted to dress in things she absolutely adored.

  And with one more turn of her head, she glanced at the little room. Gwyn noted her bed once more...a place she used to break down every night and sob uncontrollably...now turned into a space of loving memories.

  It was the bed that she had made love with her mate for the first time.

 "Thank you," she said to the walls that surrounded her.

  She circled around the room one last time, capturing every memory into detail.

 "Thank you for everything.." she said aimlessly.

  And when she turned towards the door, where her mate waited with a raised hand, Gwyn knew she would always be safe no matter the destination.

  Gwyn bent to grab her last bag and then joined her hand with his.They headed for the hallway, where Clotho and Merrill stood...

  Gwyn had most definitely been kicked out for breaking many rules that night, but she did not feel any sort of resentment.

  They passed by Clotho and Gwyn paused in step, "I will see you soon...this is not goodbye."

  Then she turned to Merrill one last time, "I appreciate all that I have learned from you. I only wish you the most success, and if you need any help with your research...I can always ask the High Lord directly."

  Merrill was simply speechless from Gwyn's offering.

  The couple continued to make their way down the hallway, but Gwyn noticed that many of the doors were open ajar...where some of the Priestesses's were clearly trying to hear the drama. The girls were all grinning at the show...no doubt laughing at the entire situation. Gwyn had been gone for a couple of months so she was sure they wanted to know what had happened.

  Especially...when she had shown up with such a male...

  Gwyn caught a glimpse of one of her old friends, who used to sing with her during their rituals. Gwyn gave her old friend an encouraging smile."My home is open for anyone who wishes to come," she said out loud.

 "I also would love to see you all at our training sessions...if you so wish.." Gwyn continued. The Priestesses were looking around nervously.

 "But no rush...my door is open to you all," Gwyn squeezed Azriel's hand.

  The couple left after that, Gwyn's time at the library was now at a close. She only wished that the woman she had known there could also reach such clarity one day.

  Because, Gwyn knew how it felt to be enclosed...knew how it felt to be helpless. But, Nesta had come into her life that day...and had pushed her.

  Sometimes in life, the only thing needed is a simple push by one person. Maybe Gwyn could be that person for someone else. Maybe she could start a program? A program meant to give survivors that initial push into the world.

  She stored that in the back of her head as she headed to the townhouse with her mate. Entering the home that time felt different...it felt new. They were officially mates now, unafraid of the titles...and completely accepted.

  Gwyn only led him up to the bathing room, dumping the bags in every direction.

 "I love you," she unbuttoned his shirt, kissing him tenderly while doing so. Azriel's eyes gleamed from those words...his shadows swarming them in a blanket of tenderness.

 "I love you, darling," his beautiful hands fumbled to strip off her clothing. Once they were completely bare to each other, Azriel carried her into the steaming tub.

  They joined, their bodies connecting in the water. But, there was not rush that morning. Gwyn indulged in him, savouring every part of him. She caressed his wings gently, giving him every bit of pleasure.

  Azriel just kept on kissing her, his mouth completely devouring her again. Gwyn gasped with every thrust, feeling the water splash around them.

  And when they both shattered, moaning into each other, and Gwyn was sore beyond belief...they sat on either side of the tub, just staring at one another.

 "I do no think I will get used to it.." he finally said, twirling his fingers in the soap.

 "I don't think I will either.."

 "I am not ready to share you yet...with any eyes...with anyone," he whispered.

 "I know, baby.." she paused. "I feel the same way."

 "This bond...it's more intense than I could have imagined."

 "Hm.." she breathed out, playing with the water.

 "And I do not know how I will react if you are near any male," he finally said. "I am not as strong as Rhysand...and I do not know if I can hold back.."

  Gwyn slithered through the water until she sat in front of him. "I know you will try your hardest..." she traced his chest."But, I cannot tell you how to control this bond...when I cannot even grasp its nature."

  Azriel smiled softly, running a wet hand down her face.

 "We will work on it together," Gwyn whispered up to him.

 "Yes I-" he paused suddenly, his nose flaring.

  Gwyn's brows furrowed at the reaction. "Whats going on Az?"

  He did not speak for a moment and then his eyes became alert. "Rhys is holding a mandatory meeting tonight.."

 "Okay.." 

 "With all the High Lords present."