Dinner and Diatribes

Azriel was not excited for another damn dinner party.

  But this one was even more excruciating to sit through...

  Because they decided to have everyone meet in the Court of Nightmares.

  Currently, they were seated with Tamlin and Lucien, their darkened energies hitting the room like a gush.

  Lucien could not hide his snarls at Azriel.

  The man who was always the personification of respect and control...was ready to choke the Shadowsinger to death.

  No one said anything...

  No one dared to move.

  Then Azriel turned his head and noticed that Elain was also noticeably fuming. She adjusted herself in her seat as the male she rejected, gazed between her and Azriel.

  And then that left Tamlin....

  Words could not express how thick the tension had become due to his presence...at Rhysand's table never the less .

  The inner circle was yet hesitant to bring Tamlin into Velaris, so Hewn city was the best bet.

  They wanted Tamlin as scared as possible.

  Rhysand was sitting straight of a high alert, ready to attack if absolutely necessary. 

  The whole ordeal was a nightmare and Azriel wanted to dash away...but something kept on distracting him.

  Her.

  Her taste on his lips.

  He could not stop rubbing his mouth, savouring it for as long as possible.

  She sat across from again in that dress...

  Her reddened cheeks and chest only made him want to clash his knees atop the table and crawl to her.

  The erotic, dark, atmosphere of the Court of Nightmares made it even more entertaining to observe her.

  Azriel almost lost his mind when he had felt her soft, silky, legs graze up and down his wings. He had never felt such sensation in his life and was currently trying to keep himself in control.

  The way his stubble felt between her thighs..

  The way she gripped his hair as she squeezed her legs at his head.

  He almost lost it...his control had never slipped like that.

  Looking at his mate now, he could tell she was also trying to fight the desire...especially when she continuously crossed and uncrossed her legs in desperation.

  She was licking the juices from one of the fruit's they had been served...

  Again...playing with him so wickedly.

  He did not realize that he had been licking lips until he witnessed her reaction...her nipples hardening through her dress.

  Now that was something he could not shield with his powers.

 You're too excited, Sweetheart, Azriel sent her the image of her breasts.

  She gushed at that and quickly moved to cross her arms over her chest.

 "You have our attention, Tamlin," Rhysand growled low in his throat, breaking Azriel out of his aroused daze.

  Every single eye casted a glance at the beast...a beast whom had a dreadful sense of fear in his eyes.

 "Many innocents are suffering as we speak," Tamlin muttered. 

 "We have been trying to learn how to get rid of these suriel's...we train almost day, tirelessly," Rhysand bent a glass of wine to his lips.

 "What have you even been doing to stop the curse, Tamlin?" Rhysand raised a brow.

  No one breathed.

  The energy around the table was full of darkness and heavy apprehension.

 "I have been trying to find the cure....After the Shadowsinger-"

 "After Azriel almost died for your court you mean?" Rhysand snapped.

 "The Shadowsinger made that decision on his own, but you know that all too well, Rhysand."

  Someone coughed.

 "And why don't you tell everyone why you were so ready to save Azriel?" Rhysand tipped his glass.

  Tamlin had grown frustrated from the comment, but now Azriel was intrigued. 

 "You scarified yourself for me, Tamlin. Why is that?" Azriel's voice rasped along the table.

 Tamlin growled softly in his throat.

 "You both know the reason."

  Deep down, Azriel knew.

 "Because I needed the Spymasters shadows," Tamlin lied through his teeth.

  Rhysand stood harshly, slamming his hands on the table, making the dishes clank.

 "I do not want any more lies in my court!"

 "I am not doing this right now," Tamlin held his head higher.

 "If you are in my court, and you are asking for sanctuary...then you tell us the truth now."

  Oh, shit.

  Oh, fuck.

  "This has nothing to do with you or Azriel!" Tamlin roared.

  But Rhysand was not having any of it today.

  It seemed that he had also been harshly interrupted...from his activities with Feyre no doubt.

 "When you take my members and put them in danger, it has everything to do with me."

  They both snarled from across the table.

  Dinner and Diatribes indeed.

  Everyone else was sitting around in pure confusion, but Azriel knew what was about to come...if Tamlin was brave enough...

  Tamlin bowed his head in an almost shame.

  Then he spoke the words that left the entire Inner circle in pure shock.

  Tamlin turned towards Gwyn.

 "I have come because the only person whom can save Prythian...is my daughter."