You Dare?

Azriel's fingers dug into his palm, drawing blood from the impact.

  He had to take several breaths in order to calm down.

  The entire table was staring at Gwyn and Azriel...and then in instant, it was swarming with chatter.

  Cassian looked at him with...hurt in his eyes...betrayal.

  Helion was speechless, his drink mid to his lips.

  Elain had completely turned red.

  Everyone was speaking...talking over each other.

 "Mates."

 "Mates."

 "Mates"

 "Shouldn't Calanmai be enjoyable with a mate?" someone had said.

 "I think Calanmai with a mate is better than a sacrifice," another voice.

  He heard all around him and he had to hold himself back because...he wanted to be better.

  Azriel did not want to be a man fuelled by anger.

  But when Gwyn turned to him, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes, he started marching towards Tamlin.

 "That was not your secret to tell!" he growled at the beast.

  Then Elain was in front of Azriel, "Oh..so you knew? That you were mates?" 

 "I am not dealing with you right now," he moved past her...but she grabbed his elbow.

 "You were definitely dealing with me when you had your tongue down my throat-"

  Gwyn slapped Elain, causing her to fall against the floor.

 "Don't you fucking lay a hand on him!" Gwyn was fuming.

  Elain was panting on the ground, with one hand placed on her throbbing cheek.

  Now everyone was on their feet.

  Feyre and Nesta were both running towards them, standing in between Elain and Gwyn.

  But Azriel knew that fury all too well...

  The deep dark anger that arose when someone laid a hand on their mate.

  Everyone could feel it...could feel her rage.

  Gwyn turned to Tamlin, "You only reveal more and more secrets...I thought I could trust you, Tamlin."

 "Gwyneth-"

 "No," she held out a hand.

 "I am done speaking with you...I am done with everyone making decisions for me."

  Then Gwyn turned to Azriel, "I want to speak with you...in private."

  He followed her in silence, the guests stare's pierced through his back.

  Once they made it to hall, she pushed against his chest forcefully, the contact made him step back.

 "You dare even speak about sacrificing yourself?" she screamed with tears.

 "You fucking dare say something like that?" she pushed him again.

 "Over my dead body, Azriel!" she yelled for everyone to hear.

  Azriel was so close to falling off...so close to it.

 "I would do Calanmai...I would risk that violation...over your death!"