I Am Here...I Am Listening

Gwyn felt so pathetic...

  She felt so tired...

  Tired of it..

  Nesta held her in the bed as Gwyn cried in her arms....and let it all out.

 "It just gets so loud sometimes.." she heaved in Nesta's shoulders. 

  Nesta was brushing Gwyn's hair, soothing her the best she could.

 "Let it out, Gwyn," Nesta kissed her forehead.

 "Let It out...do not be scared to cry."

 Gwyn paused for a moment, pulling away so she could gaze at her best friend.

 "Does it get better?" Gwyn sniffed.

  Nesta lowered her eyes, biting her lip in thought.

 "How about we leave this room and I will tell you all about it?"

  Gwyn almost declined it all, but Nesta was already standing.

  And she held out her hand.

 A hand just for Gwyn.

Gwyn's shaking fingers grasped Nesta's hand and she pulled herself up. Then Gwyn went to put on some comfortable clothing as Nesta waited in a gentle silence.

  They made it to the stairs, but Gwyn's knees were going to give out. Nesta held a soft hand on her back as she guided them both down the steps.

Azriel was at the door in an instant, a look of pure panic in his eyes as he took in her shaking legs.

  Gwyn was not ready to face him...

  Not after she had completely humiliated herself.

  Nesta sensed her nervousness and dismissed the Shadowsinger quickly.

  Then the girls were walking out in the sun, moving along the edge of the bridge. Gwyn had yet to fully explore the city, but she was glad that it was Nesta beside her.

 "You girls helped," Nesta started, referring back to Gwyn's question from earlier.

 "Your friendship and your strength..."

  Nesta paused to place Gwyn in front of her.

 "It will get easier, Gwyn."

 "Once you accept your past and realize that there is nothing that can be done to change it...Once you wake up one morning and realize that your past will never define you..."

  Gwyn breathed out.

 "And I love you Gwyn....I always will," Nesta pulled her to her chest.

 "I am here...and I will always listen."

 "But the road is yours Gwyn...you write your destiny, you choose what gets to hold you back," Nesta bent down to whisper.

 "And you will climb that mountain every single time, you damn Valkyrie!"

  The pair continued to walk through the lush greenery, taking several moments to enjoy the details.

 "Cassian also helped," Nesta smiled gently.

 "He helped me more than you can imagine... and once you wake up in your mate's arms and feel unconditional love, you will feel like you are almost there."

 "But in the end...it was all me."

  Gwyn paused at that, "Nesta, I fight and fight everyday... but I just cannot get the feeling off my skin."