Monsters

Azriel and Rhys had finally tracked the perfect candidate.

  He was the true scum of all Prythian...a truly vile male.

  That night in Azriel's office, before Gwyn seduced him by wearing his shirt, he had cracked the code to his location.

  With some help from Helion and Rhys, they had cornered the monster in Day Court.

  But the candidate, Barabbas, was smart and calculating. He had refused any sort of capture for many years.

  His crimes...were indescribable. Only because they revolved the assault and brutalization of young girls.

  Azriel knew that Barabbas was meant to die, there was no second guess about that fact.

  However, tracking and capturing him would take approximately three days.

  Three days away from his mate...

  Azriel tried to ignore the gnawing anxiety that rose every second that he was away from her. He had never had a person wait for his arrival.

  Had never had a person care for his wellbeing.

  Azriel just wanted to live in their townhouse full of flowers, he wanted to look past all the savagery that lay in the forward.

  But, the High Lord trusted the Spymaster.

  So, here he was, slithering in the shadows, waiting for his prey. His nose flared as he began his hunting process.

  It was a celestial routine, one that many would find viscous. The Spymaster once never cared about how other's perceived him... but after that dance with Gwyn...after his realization of love, Azriel no longer wanted to be driven by any anger.

  However, now was not the time for a life lesson.

  Azriel needed to concentrate...and prepare himself to torture.

  Barabbas was sneaking through the underground passages of Day Court, no doubt, searching for his victim. Male's like him did not have a soul to question after.

  Males like Barabbas were monsters on the inside.

  Azriel did not know why he felt an aching guilt from that thought...maybe because Azriel was anything but a holy male.

  Barabbas was moving fast, climbing up towards one of the sewer gates...where an entrance to a family home was.

  Azriel slithered near the sewer walls, his sword splayed in his hands silently, as he marched with dangerous clarity.

  Barabbas could barely scream before the Spymaster was on him....none of Azriel's victims ever could. 

  Azriel was already twisting around Barabbas's unconscious body, trying to knot the mans arms together. Then, Azriel carried him up and over his shoulder, like a pack of potatoes. 

  Helion had left the location to the dungeon shack for Azriel, and he followed towards it. The shack could be found in the heated forest.

  Azriel tied Barabbas to a chair in the middle of the room, and then began to display his torture devices on the table.

  The Shadowsinger always enjoyed that part of the routine the most. He would be excited to expose his most torturous weapons just as the victim woke from a coma.

  He used to love watching their reaction of horror in their dazed state.

  He used to feed off that fear.