Chapter 34: I wanna grow old with you

Lena Walton's POV.

"You did this?"

At first, I thought we were going to eat inside like everyone else, but it seemed like Adam had other plans as he led me to the restaurant's terrace. They had set up a two-person table decorated with candles and white roses. The table was on top of a carpet of white petals and a few lit candles as well.

The lighting was dimmed, with only the candlelight and a few led strings along with small lanterns dangling from the pergola above us. What really caught my attention was the fact that the whole terrace was cleared out and only our table was there, facing the whole city. Flower arrangements were everywhere in a way that made the setting even more romantic.

Something caught my eye in the far end of the terrace and as the curious cat I am, I wanted to know what it was. I couldn't see clearly.

"What's over there?"

"Something that isn't for us to see" he quickly turned me back to face him and planted a soft kiss on my lips strictly meaning to distract me. When he pulled away I smiled at him sweetly.

"What are you hiding Adam?"

"Nothing baby, I only asked for the table so someone else might have booked the other part of the roof. Come on I'm starving, aren't you?"

"I am yes" I admitted focusing my gaze back to the table and the mood he tried to create, it was so beautiful that I was smiling ear to ear. "Thank you for tonight, everything looks amazing." I stood on my tiptoes and pecked his lips gently with a soft blush covering my cheeks. Yes, I still blush around him! What can I say? I'm in deep.

Adam nodded with a grin showing off his deep dimples as he pulled out my chair for me and helped me sit. He sat facing me and reached out for my hand. His thumb made small circles on the back of my hand while he looked at me with what seemed like adoration. He didn't blink once, and even though he wasn't aware of it, he was doing things to my body right now. I closed my thighs tightly and cleared my throat.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded trying hard to fight my emotions and not pull my hand away from his. "What are we eating?" I asked trying to cover up my body's reaction to his touch.

"Well, I've ordered seafood dishes for tonight, I know you like them and it's been a while since you had any. How is that? We can order something else if..."

"No, it's perfect" I glanced at the waiter that was placing our entrée and another one came over and served us glasses of champagne.

"May I get a glass of water please?"

"Yes Madame right away" the waiter hurried back inside.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the cold breeze caressing my face "Now I understand why you love it here. It makes me wonder how you were able to live with us all that time without coming back here."

Adam chuckled leaning back on his chair "I always came here when I had the chance, you just never noticed. You used to avoid me like the plague." He looked away and sighed "But yes, every time I came here to visit my family, it was difficult for me to go back home. The only reason I went back every time was you." He admitted looking back at me. This was the first time he ever told me this.

"But you and mom are pretty close... I always thought you stuck around for her."

"Elise and Zachary are my parents, they adopted me and treated me like their own kids, without any favoritism. They hold a special place in my heart and I would never leave them, no matter what. But being here with my family, feeling like this is where I really belong made it difficult for me to leave them."