Chapter 19: Your heart knows the way

Adam Yilmaz POV

I was tapping nervously on my chair in the child support office's waiting area. I looked around and saw only a few people, it wasn't crowded so it hopefully wasn't going to take long. Since I told Lena and Zachary about Emily, she didn't say a word to me and it was making me edgy. I needed to see her and speak to her but every time I tried calling her after I dropped her at her parent's house she kept sending me to voicemail until mom answered and told me to give her some space.

I surely didn't want to do that, but I had no choice. I also didn't want to scare her off so I backed away. But today I was determined to go find her and talk to her about it.

"Mommy, why is your friend scared? He doesn't like doctors?"

I looked at Emily and gave her a smile "I'm not scared, I just have somewhere to be"

She looked down at her Barbie doll before showing it to me "She looks like the nice lady I saw yesterday with you"

I chuckled and nodded "Yes she does, a little maybe. Did you like her?"

Her eyes lit up "Yes I did, she was very nice to me. She even gave me a bracelet" she showed me a white and pink pearl bracelet around her wrist.

Amanda frowned "I thought it came with your doll"

"No mommy, the nice lady gave it to me because I am beautiful and nice"

Amanda smirked "I bet she thought that before she knew" she whispered only for me to hear. "How is she by the way? How did she take the news? I bet she ran for the hills"

"I'm great thank you very much" we both snapped up our heads to see Lena standing in front of us with her arms crossed. "And don't be so happy I haven't run for the hills yet".

My smile widened as I jumped up and wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you for coming" I whispered in her ear.

She gave a stern look at Amanda and cupped my face before kissing me gently breaking the kiss only to whisper in my ear "I'm not here for you. I'm here for Emily, but I won't let that bitch get what she wants" she pulled away and fixed my collar with a smiled.

"Emily, how are you Barbie girl?"

Emily hurriedly got up and wrapped her arms around Lena "I'm happy you're here. Are you okay? You look pale"

"I'm great sweetie, when Adam told me you were here I said I'd come by and see you" she smiled at her and they both took seats and were talking like great old friends.

Amanda raised an eyebrow while looking at them "What is she trying to do?"

"That's the thing, she's not trying to do anything. She's just an amazing person" I said looking at them smiling at the sight.

"Mr Yilmaz? We are ready for you" a woman in a white robe informed me before leading the way inside. Once I was seated, she took a cheek swab and stored it carefully in a clear plastic bag with my name written on it. Just as I got out they took Emily in and I was left with Lena alone.

"Baby..." I tried brushing her cheek but she just slapped my hand away.

"Just don't Adam, please. When will you get the results?"

"Usually it takes up to two weeks, but I paid extra cash to get them sooner. I'm not sure maybe less than a week". She was silently staring at the tiles seeming so cold and distant it was killing me.

"Lena please... don't push me away, we just got together after everything we've been through"

"But that's it, we are always facing bad stuff, I mean maybe we're not really meant to be? Have you ever thought about it this way? Maybe you're meant to be with Amanda and that beautiful girl is a mean to get you two together, this is destiny, it's not something we can change"