Chapter 17: Anything for you princess

Helena Walton's POV

(Lena and Adam)

We heard a few groans as we kissed making me blush and slowly pull away. I sat up crossing my legs and wrapping the blanket around my shoulders.

"So, now that you're done swapping germs" Mason handed Adam the guitar which raised my curiosity.

"You play?" I asked him in disbelief

"Yeah... I used to play a little here but I really learned it when I moved. My uncle Karam is really good, he taught me and Kayra how to play."

"Kayra plays so beautifully, she has such an amazing voice" Johnny D said dreamily making us all laugh.

"You know what, I'll see if she's up already, I'll let her sing along" Adam pulled out his phone and video called his cousin. She was just waking up and grumbled something in Turkish to which Adam laughed hard.

"Kayra, I'm not alone" he smiled "I'm going to play and you're going to sing"

"I just woke up Adam leave me alone"

"Look everyone is here" he turned the camera so she could see everyone and I suspected he did this so she could see Johnny D.

"Hi Mason! Hi Johnny! Hi everyone" she said cheerfully. They agreed on a Turkish song I had never heard of before, I've never really listened to Turkish songs anyway.

Adam started playing in gentle tunes as Kayra's voice followed. It was angelic, I had never met her but hearing her voice made me feel close to her, made feel like I could trust her. She had the kind of voices that could take you to other places just by closing your eyes and listening to her. No wonder Johnny D was head over heels for her.

Even though I didn't understand a single word of what she was singing, her voice sounded euphonious and Adam was playing skillfully. The duo made a great pair I almost felt jealous knowing I could never sing like that with him.

When the song was over she said her goodbyes and hung up having to get ready for work. I yawned stretching as I got up and held out my hand for Adam.

"Let's go to bed" I said softly ignoring the stares they were all giving us. Everyone was quiet; we could only hear the lake flowing not too far from us and the rustling of the tree leaves and the fire burning. It felt relaxing.

"Max?" I heard Serena ask and followed her gaze only to see Max standing there with a furious glare on his face.

"Max? what are you doing here?" I asked letting my hand down and glancing at Adam who remained seated.

"What am I doing here? I was so damn worried about you Helena, I called and called and went twice to your apartment and to your office. I even called your parents and they told me they haven't seen you since last night! Oh and you even disappeared last night I searched everywhere for you! And I find you here and you're asking me what I'm doing here?"