Chapter 12: I'm burning inside out

Helena Walton's POV

"Adam" I whispered not sure he heard me.

"It's good to see you Helena" he smiled again. Damn that smile that makes me want to move mountains.

"This is Celine, Celine this is Helena. Daughter of Zachary and Elise"

That's how he introduced me? I felt hurt cloud my face but quickly hid it as I extended a hand to Celine.

"It's a pleasure meeting you Celine. I love your outfit"

"Likewise Helena" she smiled and shook my hand "And your dress looks just gorgeous. I had no time to actually get something fancy, I didn't even know we had something to attend" she playfully hit Adam flashing the diamond ring again. "He failed to mention the anniversary"

Adam rolled his eyes but spoke softly to her "I told you I didn't know about it until we landed, and you look beautiful, no matter what you wear."

He looked past me and his smile broadened. I followed his gaze and found Johnny D sweet talking some girl who was barely eighteen.

"If you two ladies would excuse me" he was about to leave us when he looked at me again "It really is nice to see you. Nice to be home." He grinned and left me with his fiancé. What am I supposed to talk to her about!

"I never saw you before, I mean your parents kept going back and forth but you never once came to visit, is there a reason or..."

So she didn't know about me, about us. Great!

"No reason at all, I just didn't have the time to travel back and forth, and Adam left us. If he wanted to see us he could have came."

"Maybe he had good reasons to leave after all" she raised an eyebrow and took a coup of champagne from the waiter gracefully taking it to her mouth.

Was she insinuating something? Maybe she knew after all? I smiled politely "I don't know about that, you'll have to ask him. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to look for my boyfriend. Have a good night Celine"

I wandered around for a while and then went to the terrace for some fresh air.

"Looks like you need a drink"

"You have no idea" I grinned at Serena and took the glass from her "Thank you Rena"

"Why so sad? Aren't you the one who keeps calling me at two in the morning crying your eyes out because you realized how much you loved him?"

"Stop embarrassing me"

"No one heard"

We laughed a little and I turned around facing the ballroom while resting my back to the railing.

"Have you seen her?"

"uhum... I have her on instagram. She followed me for some reason. Have you seen what she's wearing?"

"Don't be a bitch" I giggled "She didn't know about the anniversary"

"Fine. But she is beautiful, let's give her that"

"She's very beautiful, and very fiancé like"

"What are you talking about?"

"They are engaged. Haven't you seen the rock on her finger?"

"Oh that... If they really are engaged, it's new. She only uploaded a picture of the ring two days ago"

"Rena! Why didn't you tell me?"