Chapter 32: Pure bliss

Adam Yilmaz POV

I was sitting in Zachary's home office cracking my fingers nervously. I came here straight after Amanda pulled herself together and left. Emily was still a little shaken up but Lena stayed with her and promised they would bake cookies and make milkshakes together. Zachary was eyeing me from behind his desk tapping his fingers on the wooden plank. Elise was standing behind him, her hands resting on his shoulders, her face a mixture of worry and anger.

I sighed standing up not doing great with the silence. "I don't understand, I thought he was in jail?"

"He was let out on good behavior." Zachary glanced at his wife "I told Elise but never thought he would try and hurt you kids."

"Amanda told me he was all excited when he saw Lena talking to Emily when we were in Bali. We used to call her every morning, and he would be there but wouldn't show himself. He was planning something for Lena, and Amanda sabotaged his plans and that's why she left."

"What did he want to do?" Elise asked me her voice trembling. "He can't hurt my babies Zach!"

"He won't. I'll deal with it" Zachary promised her and kissed her hand lightly. "Thank you Adam, for letting us know. You should get back to your family, or better, maybe you could all come live here until we put this behind us."

"No, we'll stay in our house, I'll speak with the security company have them send us a team."

"Very well, if you need anything just call us."

Elise came over and kissed my cheek before hugging me gently "Send my love to the girls".

I bid them goodbye before leaving their house and driving away. I was eager to go home but decided to go to the shop first and get Emily a bag of her favorite gummy bears knowing she'd be delighted. It was always a good way to lighten up her mood.

Once home, I heard them both in the kitchen laughing their heart out, it was a wonderful melody to my ear. I went to the kitchen and gasped when I saw the mess they had both made. The sink was stacked with dirty dishes, the kitchen isle was covered with melted butter and whipped cream. I chuckled as I saw Emily drawing on Lena's face with colored cream. I joined them and our day was well spent in the kitchen filled with laughter and joy.

I didn't say anything to Lena about her uncle, not wanting to worry her for nothing. Zachary said he'll take care of it and I knew he was a man of his word. We had a security team around the house and whenever Lena would ask about it I would say her dad sent them so she would let it go and stop pestering for answers. The first couple of weeks after the incident, I saw it fit that I stayed home and spent more time with the both of them. I only started going back to work when Zachary told me it was safe to leave them with the security team.

He had hired a private investigator to look for him before going to the police with this. Once the PI found Asher, he tailed him and kept an eye on him while Zachary worked with the police. They had to catch him selling drugs in order to arrest him. And that's exactly what happened a couple months later, relieving us all. It was only then that we told Lena everything, and it turned out she knew from the beginning.

"So you were eavesdropping. You loved spying on people since we were little kids. I guess some things don't change after all." I teased her as we got in the car.

"No I wasn't, you and Amanda were shouting, and then I didn't hear you anymore. I was scared she did something to you and that's when I heard you two talk." She said grinning before leaning over and pinching my cheeks. "I heard your conversation by accident".