Chapter 25: Bali

Helena Walton's POV

The evening was going well So far. Apparently Amanda had already told Emily about Adam being her dad and she was very excited and happy with the news. They immediately hit it off developing a father-daughter bond and it was obvious by how quickly they got along.

I smiled while watching them play with a doctor set Adam had given her. She was the doctor of course and her daddy was the patient. Emily did look a little like her dad, now that they were together I could see the resemblance.

Looking at them playing like two old friends was an amazing scene proving how wrong Adam was to be scared. He was going to be a great father that was for sure. Getting up, I could feel Amanda glaring daggers at me but ignored her and joined them on the carpet to play a little with them.

Emily, I could tolerate, even grow to love. But Amanda? That could never happen. I still had a feeling she had a hidden agenda, and something told me she wanted Adam back even if she wasn't being blunt about it. I could see how she kept looking at him lovingly, and I didn't like it one bit.

"Hey doctor" I faked a cough "I'm not feeling well"

"Oh that cough isn't a good sign!" she quickly got on her little feet and came over pretending to take my temperature. I glanced at Adam finding a huge smile on his face. I couldn't be happier.

"Oh no! you are burning!" she hurried to her doctor's bag and brought out a syrup bottle. "Now you should feel better" she giggled and I couldn't help the giggle coming out of my mouth.

"Come with me Hewena, I want to show you my room" she took my hand and led me upstairs. I certainly didn't want to leave Adam and Amanda alone, but I didn't really have a choice now did I?

Emily and I played a little with her dolls and I told her I needed to speak with Adam. So we agreed that I'll go talk to him and she'll follow when she's done playing.

"So you're saying you want to be in her life but not in the same house?"

Amanda's voice made me pause on the stairs wanting to hear more.

"Amanda, don't you dare twist my words okay? I never said that!"

"Shhhh keep it down I don't want our daughter hearing us fight"

"We're not fighting we're talking." I heard Adam sigh "Look, I am going to ask Lena to move in with me. And I said I want to be in her life in any way possible. But that doesn't mean I'll be living here with you two. She can come and live with me, or she can come and spend days or nights or stay as much as she wants. Neither I nor Lena would mind having her around."

"So the problem is me? Not Emily?"

You fucking bitch!

"Amanda, what are you trying to do? I'm with Lena, did you expect me to come and live here with you? My ex-girlfriend? while I have a girlfriend whom I love very much? That's just crazy..."

"You're crazy! She's your sister! How can you live with her? How can you sleep with her? How are your parents okay with it anyway? This is just sick!"

Oh no, you didn't go there Amanda!

"Just shut the fuck up! She's not my sister, we're not blood-related, we don't share the same parents. We're not sick! You are for thinking I would leave her for you!"

That's my man! Yeah, let her hear it! That was it. I wasn't going to stay hidden while she tried to convince him our relationship was wrong.