Chapter 6: Your girlfriend made you breakfast

Helena Walton's POV

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my hair and head to the kitchen following the scent of pancake filling my nostrils.

I froze in place as I saw the redhead, probably Amanda looking around in the cupboards. She had made him breakfast. Wow, they must be very serious.

"Excuse me? May I help you?"

She turned around astonishing me and leaving me out of words. This was not Amanda, I repeat, this was not Amanda!

"Oh hey love" she said in a British accent which sounded very sexy.

I just smiled but honestly made no efforts. Where was Amanda? So they did break up!  I was right about it all along. But who is this stranger making breakfast in my kitchen?

"I'm looking for a coffee mug so I can make Adam some coffee. Hey, do you think this is enough? I mean does he eat this or should I add fried bacon to it?"

I looked at the kitchen island that was packed with food. She had made toasts, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, salty pancakes as well as sweet pancakes. There was every kind of jam I had in my fridge along with a couple kinds of cheese. Cereals and milk, orange juice and now she wanted to make coffee and bacon. She was really trying to impress him.

The thing I knew about Adam is that he doesn't always eat breakfast. He prefers to have a morning run first. And if he can't run before breakfast, he eats an apple or something light. So I was thinking of a way to break it to her without hurting her feelings.

"Um... I think it's more than enough. The mugs are to your left, upper cupboard."

"Thank you love"

I gave her a genuine smile and removed my towel now that my hair was dried.  I walked to the back of the kitchen and threw the towel in the laundry basket. Adam's basket was empty but mine was... wait, it should have been full! But it's not. I frowned trying to remember if I actually washed my clothes in the past couple days.

"What's going on?"

I hurried outside as I heard Adam's voice. He was frowning at the breakfast table and looked at me questioningly. He was wearing his jogging pants and t-shirt, obviously ready for his run.

"That wasn't me. Your girlfriend made you breakfast" I looked where she was a minute ago but didn't find her.

"What do you mean girlfriend?"

"The British redhead. So you dumped Amanda, and got yourself another redhead. Looks like you love..."

He sighed cutting me off "She's not my girlfriend I barely know her" he muttered scratching his stubble.

"Where is she anyway?"

"I'm not your booty call's keeper Adam. If you're not eating this, pack it up. I'm off to class" I snapped before going back to my bedroom to finish my makeup.

I walked out in hurry realizing I was going to be late again. I didn't falter to  notice the kitchen island was cleared up, and there was a note next to the vase. I knew it wasn't for me, but curiosity got the best of me. I reached for it ignoring the fact that I was going to be late and read the note.

"Thank you for last night it was amazing, I hope we can do that again. I'm sorry I couldn't stay for breakfast I have a meeting. See you love" – Lizzy.

"Lizzy? So that is her name. All your efforts gone to waste"

I put the note back not sure Adam saw it yet or not. I felt on edge at the moment as I was over thinking the situation. So Adam broke up with Amanda, and now was going to punish me for breaking the rule by bringing random girls home? That was messed up. The hatred we felt for each other was messed up.