Chapter 29: Just don't mess it up

Adam Yilmaz Pov

"Adam, it's me, Amanda."

"Amanda!" I stiffened "Where the hell are you?"

"I'm sorry you had to cut your honeymoon short" she didn't sound sorry at all, if anything she was glad we had to come back home.

"I don't give a fuck about that! Where are you?" I felt Lena's soft hand rest on mine and looked into her eyes. It seemed as if she was begging me to calm down. I let out a heavy sigh. "Amanda, what happened?" I asked in a softer tone.

"I messed up Adam, I'm so sorry. Take care of our little girl please, I'll be back for her when I'm ready."

I let out a snicker "Are you kidding me? I sure will take care of her but you won't see her again. I still can't believe you let a stranger hurt her."

"I can't tell you where I am, and what exactly happened. But you have every right to be mad at me, heck I'm mad at me! I just need you to know that leaving her behind was the best thing I could have done for her after getting myself into this mess."

"What mess? Just tell me, maybe I can help?"

"No, you can't. I already have someone helping me... It will be okay Adam, hopefully. Kiss Emily for me, will you?"

I was starting to feel exasperated and didn't know what to say at this point. She didn't want to tell me what happened and didn't want my help either. I was feeling helpless. I may not be able to help Amanda but one thing was for sure, I would do everything I could to give my daughter the life she deserves.

"Fine. Call me if you change your mind." I hung up on her and looked at Lena "She wouldn't tell me what happened."

Lena got on her feet and held out her hand for me to take it. Once my hand was in hers, she led me toward the house silently. I had no idea what her plans were but I knew she had my best interest at heart.

"I think you should spend some quality time with Emily. Since you learned she is your daughter you only spent one evening with her. Phone calls don't count. We are going to change that! First, you're going to take a shower and get dressed while I get  her ready, and then you'll take her out for pizza and ice cream."

"By myself?"

Lena giggled nodding her head "You can be the scariest man when you need to and now you seem scared to spend some alone time with your daughter?"

I shrugged shoving my hands in my pockets looking around uncomfortably.

"Yes Adam, by yourself. I'm sorry but you have to get used to it."

"Are you... leaving me?" a rush of panic spread through my veins. Just moments ago she agreed to move in with me and now she's leaving? I felt lost and dizzy.

Suddenly Lena stopped walking and turned around briskly, a wildfire burning in her eyes. She was mad. She closed the distance between us and cupped my face with her small hands before capturing my lips into hers and kissing me like there was no tomorrow. For a moment I forgot about Amanda and what she did to Emily. I forgot about the pain I saw in Emily's eyes. And most importantly, I forgot the fear of Lena walking out on me.

"I think that answers your question," she said still a little out of breath.

I nodded and wrapped my arms around her tiny body nuzzling the crook of her neck taking in her vanilla perfume. We spent a few minutes in a warm embrace before going back inside. Emily was already in her pajamas drawing with Elise. Mason and Zachary weren't home yet. I pecked Emily's cheek before going upstairs to get ready.