Chapter 29

•Selena's POV•

I was completely delusional to where I was. All I heard was someone calling my name in the distance.
I somehow managed to open my heavy eyelids and a blurry outline of someone filled my view.
"Selena? Sweetie?" I realized it was Pattie and was relieved to know I was safely in the hotel. I barely even remembered coming home last night.
"Hi." I croaked out.
"Hi sweetie. How are you feeling?" Pattie helped me sit up and tucked a stray hair behind my ear.
"I feel like shit." I groaned.
"But the sleep definitely helped tremendously." I explained and Pattie nodded enthusiastically.
"Good! While you were asleep, I went out and picked up a few goodies for you." Pattie said shyly before putting a hot pink bag from PINK in my lap.
"Oh Pattie, you didn't have to do all this!" I said overwhelmed by her generosity.
"It's nothing, I just wanted to do something to make you feel better." Pattie gently smiled.
I started to pull the contents of the bag from it and lay it all over the bed to examine it. Some of the things that were inside were new sweatpants, the latest issue of Seventeen magazine, a cold pack for my eyes, and a couple cans of soup.
"Pattie, this is all too much." I got a little teary eyed. Besides Justin, no one has ever been so generous to me and I didn't know how to say thank you enough. Whenever I got sick back when I was living with my dad, I'd be forced to just deal with it since Scarlett depended on me. I don't even remember the last time I was able to just relax in bed and recover.
"No worries sweetie, I just wanted to do a little something to help you feel better, that's all." Pattie sweetly smiled.
"Now I'm going to go and get changed and we can watch some movies and just relax." Pattie smiled and I nodded before she wandered off.
I shifted my body and pillows around to try and get comfortable but it only made me more uncomfortable. Being sick really sucks.

•Justin's POV•

*6:30pm*

"Knock knock" I lightly tapped on the hotel door as I entered Mom's room. I just finished my all day dance rehearsals and I wanted to check up on Selena. After I kicked off my shoes, I wandered deeper into the hotel room to find Selena and my mom spread out over a bed and watching movies.
"You ladies look comfy." I chuckled as I leaned against the door frame.
"Yeah, we've just been watching movies all day, letting Selena rest up." Mom explained. Selena was awake and responsive, unlike this morning.
I was happy to see her awake.
I padded over to the bed and climbed in beside my girlfriend.
"Hi beautiful. How are you feeling?" I kissed her cheek.
"Better, but no offence, get your ass out of here! You can't get sick or else Scooter will murder me." Selena pushed me off the bed and I pouted at her.
"Mommmm is she really still contagious?!" I whined to my mom, desperate to hold Selena and cuddle her.
"I'm afraid so sweetie, but don't worry she'll be better soon. We just can't take any chances. You know what happened last tour." Mom firmly reminded me of when I lost my voice a couple days before I played Madison Square Garden.
"Fine." I pouted which earned a giggle from Selena.
"You're cute when you're sulking." She pointed out and I playfully stuck my tongue out at her.
"I'm thirsty. Can you get me some water please?" Selena asked.
"There's my water right next to you. I left it there this morning." I pointed to the huge bottle on the end table.
"Oh. I didn't even see it there." Selena exclaimed before grabbing it and chugging half the bottle.
"Woah. Someone's thirsty." I was astonished by her intake.
"So what? Hydration is important." It was Selena's turn to stick her tongue out at me.
"Okay, whatever you say. I'm going to go feed Scarlett and get her to bed. Goodnight Selena, goodnight Mom, I love you both." I sweetly reminded them before I left the room.

I've seen a couple people have "songs of inspiration" at the beginning of their chapters, and I'd do that but I don't listen to a wide variety of music. Mostly just Selena Gomez, Ed Sheeran and Sia. Comment what you'd think a good "song of inspiration" for this chapter would be! I'd love to hear opinions :)
Sorry this was a boring chapter. It was just a filler for what's to come next ;)
As always, thanks for reading!
-Mel