Chapter 37

•Justin's POV•

After Fredo told me what Selena said, I ran after her. I needed to get to the bottom of what happened in little as 3 minutes that could've made her so sad.
I ran out of the arena just in time to see Selena speeding away in Kenny's van.
I pulled out my phone and dialed Demi. She's the one person who understood Selena the most.
"Hello?" I heard her raspy voice answer the phone.
"Hey Demi. It's Justin. Listen, we were all in the arena and Selena forgot her purse in the car so she ran out to grab it and came back in tears then ran off. She said 'I have to go. I can't do this'
Can you please figure out what's going on? I have no idea what happened and she's really worrying me." I blurted out. Demi sighed before she responded.
"Okay. I'll see what I can do. Bye." Demi hung up the phone and I racked my hands through my hair as I watched the traffic that Selena had disappeared into.
•Selena's POV•

I ran out of the arena in tears. I still had Kenny's car keys so I just decided to take his van back to the hotel.
After I pulled into the hotel parking lot, I hurried up to our room and collapsed onto the bed. My phone rang and I sniffled before answering my best friend. "Yeah?" I said into the phone, wiping my face with my sleeve.
"Selena? What's up? Why are you crying?" Demi asked me and that only made me cry even more.
"I don't want to lose him. I can't."
I sobbed out.
"Selena calm down. What are you talking about?" Demi asked me and I tried to breath.
"Demi, I'm nothing special, I'm no Victoria Secret model. I'm just a girl with a messed up life. Justin could easily get any girl he wants. What makes me so special?" I cried.
"Selena Marie Gomez, get your shit together. Justin Bieber loves you  more than you'll ever know. I can see it just by the way he talks about you." My best friend tried to knock some sense into my but I still had my doubts.
"But Demi, what if it doesn't work out? What if something happens? Like he gets bored with me and just dumps me out of the blue." I sobbed out. "Demi, everyone leaves me. Everyone. I can't fall for Justin to only have him leave me for someone better. It'll break me." I confessed.
"Selena! I haven't left you and I never will. Neither will Justin. He's in it for the long run and I know you are too. Have some faith that everything's going to work out."  Demi sounded so sincere it made me question my own thoughts.
I heard shuffling before a deep voice filled my ears. "Sel? It's Ryan."
"Ryan?" I croaked out.
"Don't talk, just listen to me. Justin is madly in love with you. Ever since he met you, I've never seen him happier. He loves you more than his Beliebers and that's saying a lot. Justin would go above and beyond to make sure you're nothing less than happy. Take a chance and open up to him and fall. He'll catch you. I promise. I've got a very strong hunch that as long as you're okay with it, Justin will make you his forever one day." Ryan said slowly and I felt my heart skip a beat. "You really think so?" I whispered in complete awe and my words at the beginning of this conversation seemed pathetic.
"I really do. Selena, he loves you with all of his heart and I know you love him equally. Let him catch you." Ryan told me and I ran my hand threw my hair.
"Ryan, I gotta go. There's someone I need to kiss and his name is Justin." I said quietly and hung up the phone.
I jumped off the bed, ran to my door and flung it open to find the man of my dreams in front of me. Justin was sitting on the carpet across from my door leaning his back against the wall. He looked up at me and his facial expression broke my heart. His hollow eyes were puffy and red from crying.
I reached for his hands and pulled him up before connecting our lips.
"I have no idea what made me forget that you love me but I'm sorry I ever doubted you." I said after a passionate kiss. "I love you Selena Marie. So much. Don't ever forget that. I'll remind you everyday until I die if I have to. I love you more than anything in this entire world." Justin whispered in his husky voice before he kissed my forehead and it only made me fall for him so much harder. I finally had someone to protect me.