Chapter 24

{just pretend it's Scarlett in the picture above. Showed this because it was hard to describe how Justin positioned Scarlett}

•Demi's POV•
After I left Selena alone to talk to Justin, I wandered up to my room to try and get some sleep. I knew Selena would fall asleep if she talked to Justin long enough.
It would comfort her and make her feel better. I checked my phone and noticed it was 3 in the morning. Wow, time flies.
I really wished Ryan was awake. Selena's not the only one who misses her boyfriend. Wait... did I just call Ryan my boyfriend?
Anyway, I decided to call him to see if he actually was awake.

•Ryan's POV•

I made Fredo stay up all night with me so I could practice video games. I wanted to beat Demi when she came home.
My phone started ringing so I paused the game to see who was calling me at this hour.
"Dude, I gotta take this, it's Demi. She might have news about her dad and stuff." Fredo nodded. After the girls left for the airport, Scooter and I had told the whole crew (except the kids) what happened.
I slipped into my bedroom to talk to Demi.
•{phone conversation}•
R- hey
D- hi
R- how was the flight? Did you arrive safely?
D- The flight sucked. Some kid behind us has a talent for drumming. Yeah, I'm here in Texas. Why the hell are you up this late? Would have thought you'd be asleep by now.
R- Fredo and I couldn't sleep. We stayed up all night watching movies. Shouldn't I be asking why you're up so late?
D- Selena has the stomach flu so she's been up all night throwing up. She just skyped Justin so I'm assuming she's asleep because it's quiet downstairs. I'm in bed now.
R- oh. Well that's good. When are you coming home?
D- Hopefully next weekend. Funeral is on Tuesday but there's no way that Selena can fly if she's sick.
R- I miss you so much.
D- yeah, me too. Listen, it's late and all I wanna do is sleep. Talk to you tomorrow?
R- yeah, for sure. Bye Demi. Sweet dreams.
D- Goodnight Ryan. Have a good night.

I was barely able to put my phone down before I fell asleep after hanging up.

•Justin's POV•

After the girls fell asleep, I just watched them. I know, that sounds creepy but they were so beautiful when they were asleep. Scarlett looked so much like Selena, even more when she was asleep. I soon heard Selena's soft snores through the laptop.
"Good night Selena. I love you." I said to my beautiful girlfriend through the screen before I shut the lid.
I pulled a hoodie on and gently climbed into bed. Scarlett was curled up in a ball, she must be cold. I slowly moved her body around so she was in my arms and I barely pulled the covers over us before my eyes shut from exhaustion.

•Selena's POV•

I woke up with a jerk and barely made it to the bathroom before throwing up.
I did the math in my head and I've been throwing up since 4 in the afternoon.
Someone came running down the stairs and I was guessing it was Demi.
"Let's go. We're taking you to the ER." Demi poked her head into the bathroom.
"Demi! It's 5 in the fucking morning. I'm tired!" I whined.
"Selena, it's actually 7" Demi chuckled lightly at my mistake.
"I want a proper diagnosis for you and maybe they can tell you when we can fly back to the bus. Now let's go." Demi helped me up and I rinsed out my mouth. I shoved my Uggs on and Demi shoved me out the door. Out of habit, I pulled my hood up and ducked my head even though it wasn't cold. I was still wearing Justin's hoodie and sweatpants.
"Selena. It's Texas. There's no paparazzi." Demi insured me. I looked at her and nodded. We got into Demi's mom's car since her car was in Atlanta.

I miss his voice. I miss his eyes. I miss his smile. I miss his laugh. I miss him. The only thing that can comfort me right now is being in his arms, and there's nothing that I wouldn't do to have that right now...

•Demi's POV•
I drove Selena to the emergency room. I was hoping that they could give her some medicine to get better faster. I knew she was dying to go back to the bus.
When we arrived, I paid for the parking ticket and dragged Selena towards the doors. I showed the nurse Selena's health card and filled out the paperwork. We waited in the waiting room for who knows how long. We both fell asleep on the chairs.
"Miss Gomez?" I faintly heard someone say. I realized what was going on and snapped awake.
"Sel! Let's go." I whispered loudly and guided her towards her nurse who was patiently waiting. The middle aged nurse had on Tiffany blue scrubs and her hair was pulled up into a bun.
"Please take a seat here." The nurse smiled and tapped a hospital bed in the middle of the hall.
"So what seems to be the problem?" The nurse tapped away on a computer.
"She seems to have the stomach flu. She's been throwing up since around 3pm yesterday." I spoke for Selena.
"Ok, let's see what's going on." The nurse put a Popsicle stick in Selena's mouth, probably checking for strep throat.
She then did a bunch of tests like take her blood pressure, look in her eyes and ears, listen to her heart beat, and placed a pulse monitor on her finger.
"Ok, I'll be back soon with some results. Just sit tight." The nurse smiled sympathetically at us before rushing off.

•Selena's POV•
As we waited for the nurse to come back, I pondered some thoughts.
Could I make it back to the bus without Demi realizing it? Should I risk flying when I was this sick? Was I even allowed to fly when I was this sick?
I figured I'd fake my state of health so I could get on a plane. If I had snuck out of the house without my dad realizing it, surely I could sneak out of the house without Demi realizing it right?
I guess I'd find out tonight...

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Selena's gonna do something naughty...

What do you guys think of my story so far? Any ideas/advice?

Please go and check out my friends 14horanhugs and @fizzyfiction because they're great writers! Their stories are my favorites.

It's absolutely insane that I hit 2.5k reads!
Thank you so much!!! So happy that people like my story!!!

👋Till next time loves! 👋