Chapter 28

•Pattie's POV•

I was sitting on the couch watching the morning news as I sipped my coffee. The novel I was currently reading was sitting on the coffee table taunting me, but I held back knowing that if I started reading now that I'd never get anything done today.

"Pattie, don't do it. You're stronger then that." I whispered to myself. I reached out to grab the book but something on the news caught my attention.

"Pop star Justin Bieber set to kick off his highly anticipated tour at the one and only Madison Square Garden in a couple months! Tickets on sale next week."

I looked up at the clips of Justin performing and at red carpet events and I smiled. My little boy has grown up so fast, but I'm so proud of him.

Someone barged into my room, no one other than Justin himself.

"Mommyyyyy...." he begged, clearly wanting something. I know my son like the back of my hand.

"What is it now?" I chuckled, curious to see what was going through this boy's mind.

"Selena came home." Justin eagerly said.

"I thought she was in Texas until Wednesday." I said confused as to why she was home so soon.

"Turns out she got really sick so she came home. I have rehearsals today so is there anyway that you can take care of her?" Justin slowly asked.

"Sure! Of course!" I assured Justin.

"Thank you so much! You're the best mom ever. Bye, see you later. Please keep me updated." Justin kissed my cheek then ran out the door, probably on his way to rehearsals.

I got ready for the day before I went to check on Selena. I put on a simple pair of jeans and a hoodie before I threw my hair up into a pony tail. I brushed my teeth and didn't bother with makeup knowing I had a full day ahead of me.

I wandered down to Justin and Selena's room. She was fast asleep on the couch.

"Selena? Sweetie?" I gently shook her awake.

"Huh? Who's there?" Selena reached her hands out with her eyes still closed.

"Shhhh, don't worry sweetie it's just Pattie. I'm going to take care of you. I'll be back in a bit, I'm going to the store to pick up some things. Is there anything you want?" I asked the very sick girl.

"No thank you." Selena fell asleep again. I sighed. The poor thing. I quietly left the hotel room, careful not to disturb Selena.

As I was heading towards the elevator, I ran into Justin. He was in workout clothes and was carrying a huge bottle of ice water.

"Before you go down to rehearsal can you move Selena into the bed in my suite? There's two beds in there and only one of me and it'll be easier to monitor her throughout the night." I explained to Justin before he nodded.

"Yeah, for sure, no problem. Thanks again, it means so much." Justin kissed my cheek before he went to get Selena.

•Justin's POV•

I quietly entered our room to find Selena passed out on the couch.

I slowly tiptoed over to her and lifted her off of the couch bridal style. She groaned in distress.

"Shhhhh babe it's me, Justin. I'm moving you to a bed so Mom can take care of you." Selena muttered something inaudible before falling asleep in my arms. I carefully walked to Mom's room. As I carried Selena down the hall, I began to sweat.

"That's weird." I muttered to myself. The weights I used to workout were much heavier than Selena so I didn't know why I was sweating. Then I realized that Selena was burning up with a fever.