Something More: Part 24

"Harder!"

Natasha yelled at the recruits. They had been at this for a few hours and she was starting to get frustrated. Mind you, it didn't take much anymore. "What are you guys even doing?! We have gone over this before! You need to learn how to protect yourselves!"

As Natasha yelled at the recruits, Steve and Maria watched from the corner of the room. They both wanted Natasha to take a break, but were too chicken to make her stop.

"You do it! You're the father of her child she is less likely to kill you." Maria leaned closer to Steve so the Russian spy wouldn't hear them.

"Umm I think that makes her more likely to kill me! She reminds me everyday that its my fault, I knocked her up." Steve blushed and continued to watch Natasha. She looked like she was getting ready to get in the ring with the male recruits and Steve started to panic.

"Do you trust me?" Maria asked quickly. Steve gave her a confused look.

"No, but Natasha does so I guess so."

"Great. Make sure you play it up." Steve was confused, he turned to look at Maria but she was bent down. The next thing he saw was her swinging at him and then he felt pain.

"What the hell Maria!" Steve yelled as he took a knee. Maria waved Natasha over while faking her innocence. Natasha started briskly waddling over to her injured soldier.

"What happened to Steve?" Natasha asked Maria with fire in her eyes.

"Umm flying objects?" Maria asked more than stated. "Whatever, you stay here and play nurse while I deal with them. I mean, unless that's how you ended up in this situation." Maria gestured to Natasha's protruding belly.

"Fuck off, Hill." Natasha turned her focus to Steve, "How many fingers, Baby?" she held up three fingers and watched his face intently.

"Umm four?" Steve looked past Natasha to Maria who gave him a thumbs up and turned back to the recruits.

"Close enough. Let's get you on the bench here." Steve refused Natasha's help up but allowed her to hold the ice on his head. He made her sit in his lap so he could hold her and rest his chin on her shoulder. "Does it still hurt?"

"Yes, but this helps." Steve grinned at her and kissed her cheek. "I love you, you know that?"

"Mhmm I heard that rumour. I love you too. But don't think that you and Hill got away with this, I know what you two did." She gave him a pointed look as he blushed and started trying to come up with an excuse.

"I-I.. you know what? Yeah, we wanted you to calm down. All that stress isn't good for you or the baby. I just didn't realize I would end up injured in the process." Steve sighed and kissed her cheek again trying to ease her fury.

"I know I haven't been the easiest to deal with. Thank you for putting up with me and not just giving up." Steve smiled at her, "You're still sleeping on the couch." She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Yes ma'am. Are you excited for a bit of a break? These guys are almost done their training and then we will have a break before the baby comes." Steve put his chin back on her shoulder and place a hand on her stomach. The baby instantly started kicking his father's hand making both Steve and Natasha smile.

"Don't try to use your son to get back in my good graces. But yes, I can't wait until he gets here. The promise of being able to sleep on my stomach again is the only thing getting me through at this point." Steve started rubbing small circles over her belly where he was kicking and he slowly stopped. "Okay fine! You can sleep in bed with me but hands to yourself unless you're calming your son."

"Have you thought of any names?" Steve held in his laugh. He already knew she would wake him up in the middle of the night to come to bed. It's getting harder and harder for her to sleep and he is the only thing that helps according to Natasha. He also knew there was no way she would keep her hands to herself so it's not him that needs to be worried about.

"Mhmm I have thought of one." She looked at Steve and hesitated. "James Steven Rogers."

"After Bucky?" Steve couldn't hide his shocked expression. "He has tried to kill you. More than once."

"Yes, but he was also the man who looked after the love of my life for years. He had your back when I couldn't. I mean to be fair I wasn't born yet, but we won't get into that." Natasha smirked at Steve and pecked his lips. "What do you think?"

"I love it. But we don't have to use my name as a middle name. Are there any names or people you would like to name him after?"

"The important men in my life are you, Nick and Clint. So, I think naming your first son after you is perfect." Steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"We are going to have to name one of our children after Clint aren't we?"

"I mean they did name Nathaniel after me." Natasha shrugged her shoulders and laughed. "We may get away with naming one of them after Lila or Laura."

"How many kids do you want?" Steve asked, super invested in her response.

"What is with all the deep conversations today? Hmm. Well, I never thought I would have one, let alone multiple. I would like to give you a number Steve but I really can't. I would love to have a van full with you- although I'm never driving a mini van. Hell will freeze over before I give up my Corvette, Steve I mean it." She poked his chest. "If we can't get pregnant again are you okay with adoption?"

"I don't necessarily think that blood makes a family. I believe love does. Bucky was like my brother. I will love them either way." Steve and Natasha stood up seeing that the gym was mostly empty and Maria was just finishing up with the last trainee.

"All good Rogers? That was a nasty bump you got there." Maria looked at Steve's head.

"You are so lucky I have completely relaxed Hill or I would be beating your ass right now." Natasha smirked as she walked out the door towards her office. Steve stood beside Maria watching Natasha walk away.

"You're welcome by the way."

"For what?! She found out." Maria huffed out annoyed.

"I distracted her with talking about the baby for the rest of the training today. That always calms her down." Steve flashed his signature smile and started jogging after his girlfriend. Maria shook her head and chuckled to herself.

"Thanks Rogers! You're not as dumb as you look!" She yelled after him.

"Thanks?! I think." Steve smiled as he went searching for his favourite red head.

To be continued...