Something More: Part 58

Natasha thought the night was going pretty well. Wanda volunteered to give James a bath in her bathroom, and Steve was showing Logan the family cars; Logan who was mainly interested in seeing Natasha's.

"Okay, I have to bathe this kidlets." Natasha paused for a split second to chastise herself. She is starting to sound like her husband.

"I'll help." Maria stands from her seat and picks up Sarah. Natasha eyes her friend suspiciously.

"Can I help too?" Aurora smiles down a Grace who is standing at the coffee table.

"Uh sure." Natasha smirks when Maria frowns. Clearly, she was hoping to hide from her lover.

Aurora picks up Grace who eyes the woman suspiciously; just like her mother. Aurora gives a good effort to get a giggle from Grace, not giving up until she gets a little one from tickling her neck.

"Was that funny?" Aurora continues to try and get a laugh as Natasha fills the tub. Nat catches Maria staring at her girlfriend and smiles knowingly.

Maria is thinking about their baby. The one her significant others don't know about yet. Natasha smiles and takes Sarah from her Aunt before stripping her clothes and setting her in the bathtub. When she turns around, Maria is standing in the same spot staring at Aurora. With a roll of her eyes, Natasha walks past her friend to Aurora and helps to strip Grace.  Together, Aurora and Natasha get both girls bathed and ready for bed with Maria watching.

"Do you want me to give her this?" Steve pokes his head into the nursery with a bottle in one hand.

"Can I?" Aurora looks between Natasha and Steve before getting a warm smile from Natasha.

"Sure." She hands Sarah over to Aurora and Steve gives her the bottle before leaving to head back downstairs. Natasha takes the rocking chair and adjusts Grace on her lap before starting to nurse. Grace's entire body relaxes against her mother's as the only noise to be heard over the noise machine is the suckling of the twins.

Sarah finishes her bottle quickly as usual, and falls asleep shortly after. One of the best things about James and Sarah being so active is the crash really hard.

Aurora lays Sarah in her crib gently before excusing herself to use the bathroom, kissing Maria's cheek on her way. Natasha watching Maria carefully as her eyes dart around the room.

"Maria." Natasha speaks softly, trying not to disturb Grace who is almost asleep.

When Maria's eyes meet her best friend's, Natasha can see the panic in them. "I don't know how to do this.." Maria's voice wobbles slightly before she takes a deep breath and tries to put her façade back on.

"Maria. No one does honey. Not if they don't have any experience." She says softly.

"Aurora does." Maria looks at the door.

"Think about how helpful that will be. And there will be three of you!" Natasha whisper shouts as she unlatches Grace. She gently lays her in her crib before turning back to her friend. "Maria, if you aren't ready to tell them, we don't have to do this tonight." Natasha rubs Maria's arm as she thinks over her options.

"No. If I don't do it tonight, I'll chicken out." Maria runs her hand through her brown locks as she looks over to the cribs across the room.

"Okay. Let's go." Natasha takes Maria's hand as they pass the living room on the way to the kitchen. Wanda is sitting on the couch on her phone, probably texting Mathew.

"There you guys are." Aurora gives Maria a smile as she walks over and pecks her lips. "I thought you would have beat me downstairs."

"Maria, want a beer?" Steve asks as he hands one to Logan and Aurora.

"No thank you." Maria says quietly, and Natasha squeezes her hand.

"This is only my second one babe, I can drive home. You should enjoy this night with your friends." Logan closes the short distance and kisses Maria's cheek, placing his hand on her hip.

"Can I talk to you?" Maria looks from Logan to Aurora  and the couple's eyes widen sightly.

"About anything." Aurora steps closer and takes Maria's other hand. Natasha tries to drop her friends hand and give her some space, but Maria holds on for dear life.

"I'm pregnant."

Natasha looks at Steve, who tries to cover up his shock. Looking back at the couple in front of them, Natasha sees more shock on their faces that quickly morphs into excitement.

"We're having a baby?" Aurora whispers as the tears start rolling down her cheeks. She leans up on her toes and crushes her lips against Maria's, taking her by surprise.

"You're both excited?" Maria asks when Aurora pulls back. Logan instantly goes in for his own kiss.

"Maria, I know it's only been a few months but we can't picture a life without you in it. We've wanted kids for a while, but didn't know how it would haven't for us... this is unexpected but certainly welcome." Logan smile is wide as he tucks Maria's hair behind her ear.

Natasha finally gets her hand loose from her nervous friend, and walks over to her husband. "Can we have another one?" She grins up at him as he swallows hard.

"Natasha. We have four kids." Steve glares playfully at his wife.

"I know and I love them all so much. But don't you think James needs a brother?" Natasha leans against her husband's side and places her hand on his chest.

"Natasha." Steve groans.

"I'm getting a cousin?" Wanda steps into the kitchen and looks from her parents to Maria with a smile.

Maria looks at Natasha, who is wearing a shit eating grin. "Yes малыш. Your Auntie Maria is having a baby." (Baby)

Maria rolls her eyes and pulls Wanda in for a hug. Wanda walks to her mother and whispers, "I knew." With a wink and heads upstairs to bed.

"Good night, sweetie!" Natasha and Steve yell after her.

"We're going to head out." Maria hugs Natasha, catching her off guard, but she hugs her back none the less.

"It was lovely meeting you." Aurora shakes Steve's hand and pulls Natasha into a hug. Logan shakes both their hands and the couple walks them to the door.

"Call me in the morning." Natasha says to Maria as she walks down the front steps.

"I will." Maria gives a relaxed smile, the first one of the night.

Steve and Natasha wave as the car disappears down the driveway before heading in to tidy up the rest of the kitchen.

"That was wild." Steve shakes his head, "Can you see Maria giving birth? She is going to be a nightmare. Good luck to Aurora and Logan." He chuckles.

"What does that mean?" Natasha pops her hip against the counter and looks at her husband.

"Babe? She can be a little sarcastic and grumpy. Add in pregnancy hormones and the stress of giving birth? She's going to be miserable."

Natasha thinks about it for a minute before agreeing, "You're right. Am I miserable? Is that why you don't want to have another baby?" She turns to the sink to busy herself.

"What? No. Natasha that's not it at all, I want to have more kids but... don't you think they're all still so young?" Steve wraps his arms around her waist and kisses her neck.

"I like that they all get to grow up close. It kills me that I couldn't be there from the beginning with Wanda." Natasha whispers as she dries her hands.

"We're really doing this?" Steve mumbles against her neck.

Natasha spins in his arms and pulls him closer, "Yes?" She smiles as she slowly pulls him down to her by the front of his shirt.

"Yes." Steve smiles, and kisses his wife.

To be continued...

*smut chapter in my Romanogers Smut book :)