6. overdose | pavlikovsky

🎵: cigarette daydreams // cage the elephant ( i recommend listening while reading!!)

__________________________

i wake up, its 12:30, in the morning.
i stretch, as i lay on the couch. i pull the blankets off my legs, and go look out on the balcony. i watch as a busy town, makes their way, throughout the day. i go into mine and boris's bedroom, and see him asleep.

"wake up, shithead." i shake him, when he looks up at me. "what time is?" he asks, his accent fluttering in each syllable. "it's late, come! let's go do something!" i say, pulling him upwards. "you are lucky, i love you." he smiles to me.

i look around our room, it's a mess, with clothes all over the floor. i pick up a pair of sweatpants, and a shirt, i throw on my converse, while boris gets dressed.

"where we going?" he asks me, pulling up a pair of trousers. "i was wondering, if we could go see my family?" i ask him, looking down. when he comes over to me, "of corse, we see family. if you want, we  go to the supermarket after?" he smiled, he knows me too well.

we get our backpacks, and lock the door on the way out of our apartment. we go down the stairs, and walk out of the building. i feel as he grips to my hand, i look at the boy, staring into my eyes. "do you miss, uh. family?" he asks me, i shrug my shoulders. "i do, but then i remind myself, they are the reason i started." i lie, they are the reason, but i miss my family, i miss my siblings, my parents and my grandparents.

we start walking, when i feel boris take his hand out of mine, and take out a lighter and lights a cigarette. "you want?" he asks me, "sure."
i watch as he pulls a skinny, white, cigarette out of a pack. he hands it to me, and i put it in my mouth. then, he takes out a black bic lighter, he pulls it, making a flame and moves it over to my mouth. we continue walking, when he wraps his arms around my waist.

we come across a huge, 'supermarket' sign. "we can see family, on the way back" he smiles at me, i nod, and we go into the place. we start looking through isles. "i love supermarkets." i whisper, i have been appreciating every little thing, since april. "i know you do." he whispers back to me. we look at all the food, the vegetables, the meat, the sugar. "i miss eating." boris tells me, i agree with him. "i like cooking, it's such a pity." i sigh, looking through the stuff.

we come across a little girl, with gorgeous pigtails, a lovely flower dress and cute little headband. she had a huge smile, licking a strawberry flavored sucker. "i wish we could've had kids." i say to boris, when he puts his arms on my shoulder.

"i know, you miss it." he whispers to me. "hard, i know kitten. but we can not do, uh. anything? anything about it." he finishes. "can we get stuff? just because we can?" i ask him, and he nods. we pick up two red apples, and walk straight out the store.

we start walking to my home house.
i catch a tear, fall from my eye, when i see the old trees, the local kids, i see the group of teenagers, that i used to call friends. i see the old worn down buildings, and i see my dog, he runs past me, without a notice, i grip boris's hand harder. i start walking up the driveway of myhouse, and i walk over to the window. i look in, and i see my mother, she's laughing, with some of my relatives. "they are doing just fine without me.." i whisper, as me and and boris stay looking in the window. i feel myself break, i thought they would be in bits, every single day.

boris wraps his arms around me, and starts walking. i don't say anything, and i just burry my head into his arms. "it's okay, y/n." i smile a little, he says my name so adorably in his accent.
we continue walking, for about 15 minutes, when i realize where he is bringing me.

he brings me to the beach. it's my comfort place, it's where me and boris met. he sits on the pavement, so he doesn't get sand all over him. i sit next to him. we just sit staring into the sun.
"i'm sorry." he whispers. "it's okay, baby." i whisper back. "april, 22nd, 2020" he says.

i stare at the sun, knowing we are just two teenage ghosts, living in a run down apartment, that died of an overdose.

___________________________

word count :: 839

omg- this is terrible and so short- i'm so sorry- this is worse then the mike wheeler one- i literally can't write fictional characters im so sorry-