20. sock | wolfhard

- sorta smut warning ?? (it's not smut but uh) -
___________________________

i sit quietly in the back of my boyfriend finn's fathers car.

the awkward silence between finns dad eric, finns brother nick and i was threatening.

tomorrow is mine and finns anniversary, and for one of his presents, i decided to clean his outrageously messy room.

finn was in school, and i told him i couldn't come in today. he practically begged me to let him stay home from school to care for my 'sickness' but i wouldn't let him. it was cute, him wanting to stay and care for me, but i obviously couldn't let him.

nick said he'd pick me up after finn was in school, and here we are now.

it was weird, i close to the wolfhard family, i always speak to them - but it's just strange without finn.

"y/n, are you staying over tomorrow night?" nick asked, obviously trying to break the tention.

"uh, i'm not sure. probably, i'll see with finn." i tell him, i knew i was sleeping at theirs tomorrow night, but i couldn't just say that infront of eric.

we started pulling in the wolfhards driveway, i unbuckle my seatbelt and open the door.

i smile, walking in the house and seeing finns mom, mary.

she was technically my bestfriend, her short dark hair and her friendly smile.

"y/n/n! hi!" mary announces, opening her arms to embrace me in a hug.

i smile in the hug, smelling the wolfhards signature scent.

me and mary talk for a little while, until i escape up to finns room.

i play an arctic monkeys record on finns player, and i head to work.

i start by picking up all of the boys glasses, considering he had about five cups from water sitting on his bedside table.

i put them all in a circle on the floor, and then i salvage all his empty bottles.

i gather up all his papers and plastic, and store them in a black garbage back for the moment.

now, i fix all his guitars into a line, and prop his skateboard behind his bed, just where he puts it.

suddenly, i hear a knock on the door.

i let out a little, "come in!" to see a smiley mary open the door.

"hiya darling, nick and eric are gone now - if you want anything, just call me. and if i need anything of finns, i'll just knock. okay?" she smiles, being overly nice as always.

the middle aged woman walked back out, and i continued on where i left off.

considering finns room is on the roof, and his ceilings are slanted, i climb on his bed and clean the window.

now all that was left was clothes, the thing ive been dreading the most.

i start by pulling out all his hoodies, when i find a nice green one, with 'vinyls' printed on the chest.