21. marry you | wolfhard

🎵:  marry you // bruno mars ( i recommend listening while reading!)
__________________________

finn lay awake on his bed, the warm summer air flowing through the open window.

the boy grabs his duvet, and covers his bare chest, before grabbing his phone.

he let out a frustrated sigh, scrolling through the recent messages on the stranger things casts groupchat.

-

caleb: no, literally y/n and finn would be such a cute couple-

millie: ikr

noah: they are so fucking cute together

y/n: please- finn is my bestfriend, and he doesn't like me like that

noah: sure

gaten: yeah, keep saying that

-

finn gets out of bed, and changed into black jeans and a shirt, although he had them left out to be washed.

he runs downstairs, where nick and his father are waiting for him.

"toast on the table, what you doing today kiddo?" eric asked, pointing at the plate on the kitchen island.

"nothing much, i think i'm going out with lucas and the cast tonight." finn announces, grabbing a slice of the buttered toast.

"okay, y/n stopped by this morning" eric smiled, which he knew would catch his sons attention.

"hmm?" he mumbled, chewing on his breakfast. finn took a mouthful of water, and looked up at his dad.

"she wanted to ask you something, i dont know. you were asleep, she said she called you and everything." his father explained, grabbing the newspaper which was left on the kitchen counter.

"yeah dude, you would think someone would answer their girlfriends calls." nick accused with a chuckle, just trying to tease his little brother.

finn spun around in the chair, giving his brother a glare.

"i mean you guys cuddle like shit, she sleeps in your bed - she plays with your hair, she's your happy person. ask her out already."

finn finished his breakfast, and ran back up to his bedroom.

he couldn't wait for tonight.

••••

"okay, but do you think he actually likes me." y/n whined, as her bestfriend sadie curled he chair.

millie let out an obvious chuckle, before looking up at the girl.

"he loves you, y/n. how can you not see it?" the girl lectured, her english accent pulling on the words.

"i went to his house today, and guess what? he was asleep." y/n sighed, anxious about meeting the boy she loved tonight.